Chapter Eight

At least work has been slow and less filled with random events since my therapy session. I had the meeting with Cooper in an hour or two and took the time now to work at a more even pace on the design I would be showing him.

Still, it didn’t seem to matter much when it came to my thoughts about Mr. Evan Jacobs. They swung in the back of my mind like a child on  monkey bars in a school yard…daring me to flip around the bars and bring the thoughts to the surface.

Oddly, having released my frustrations out in  therapy , I felt like the weight I was carrying had become  lighter and I didn’t feel [c1]  as stressed as I have been the last two weeks. While it still thoroughly annoyed me that I seemed to lose control over my senses around him, I was however…grateful.

The idea of a vacation weighed lightly on my mind.  I thought it would be a good idea for me, but not until my proverbial work plate was almost empty. Maybe around the holidays, my therapy would be over by that time. Yes, I would have to speak with Eddie about that.

A knock rapped on my office door. Speak of the devil.

“Hello Eddie,” I said pleasantly as he entered with a wide grin on his face. His hair was slicked back as always and the sleek cobalt blue tailored suit matched the style.  I smiled back since I felt  better today than I have in a long time.

“Afternoon Sonja, how are you?” He asked and took a seat on the edge of my desk.

Why do male bosses always do that? Is it a way to show their power? His tall and lean body hovered over me where he sat. There were some papers I was looking at a few moments ago underneath him, so to show my slight annoyance, I tried to yank them out.

“I’d be better if you didn’t sit down on my work,” I spoke in a playful manner raising an eyebrow.

“Oh my apologies.” He stood back up and sat down in the actual arm chair in front of my desk that was for these occasions. That was better.

I did like Eddie. He was a good boss and has always been supportive of me and a friend throughout all my personal issues and professionally. Eddie has been the only other person that I work with, besides Stacy, who knows about everything concerning Jerry. It was necessary for the court case so I could get time off from work and Eddie was always nothing but courteous through the whole process. Give or take a few bumps in the road when he showed a romantic interest in me.

“Don’t worry about it, other than that I am doing well actually. Less stressed than I have been in a while,” I leaned back in my chair folding my hands in my lap.

“That’s great to hear. I know you have that meeting with Cooper soon.”

I rolled my eyes and he laughed. “Unfortunately yes, he is so difficult.”

“I’ve noticed, even I’ll be glad when that account is settled,” we both chuckled lightly.

“Sonja, I actually came to speak to you about your new clients. A Mr. Jenkins and Mr. Jacobs I believe. You know usually I would have met them with Stacy before your initial first meeting, but I was unavailable. You are meeting with one of them tomorrow correct?” He asked putting on his business tone.

“Yes, Evan Jacobs, the partner.”

“Would you set aside a few minutes for me to introduce myself?”

“Sure. Long as your still here at four.”

“Oh, I thought he was coming in at three?”

Shit. He doesn’t know he happens to be my new therapist and we had rescheduled during my session. I didn’t need Eddie starting in on me about that.