Chapter Thirty-Three

Quick Note: I am terribly sorry for over a two day wait for an update. I needed a day off with my cat dying yesterday morning. I hope this chapter isn't took boring for you all either. I guess its the calm before the storm. Thank god writer's block didn't hit hehe. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it as always so comment away! The song posted (Happy Together by The Turtles) is what kept repeating in my head as I wrote this chapter, I know odd and for you youngins its an oldie. The picture is another cover @SCCourtney has made for me and you can thank her for this late update she has got me hooked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer something I have never watched but should have hahaha. So my typing was slower than usual, plus I have this odd soreness in my left middle finger that is bugging me. Anyways enjoy =D Gah, sorry this one is short too. I'll make it up to you all very soon.

*

*

Sleeping in on a Monday morning felt strange.

Soon as consciousness filtered in, the smile returned to my face. I was beginning to worry that if someone clapped me on my back, it would be a permanent feature.

Regardless of Evan’s odd apprehension about me wanting to see his college photo album, by the time we got out and about on Saturday, I had forgotten all about it…almost.

Despite that small hiccup, the weekend was wonderful. We did normal couple things. We took Boxer out for a long walk at the park. Evan had miniature golfing planned for during the day after our walk. Yes it sounds so cliché, but simple, I enjoyed myself.

I don’t think I have had as much fun as I do when I am with him or ever. In the evening he took me out to dinner to one of his favorite bar and grill restaurants. The place was casual and fun. The food was pretty good too.

Late at night we would make love and the sex is amazing. My body hummed constantly for more of him. Evan is certainly insatiable in the bedroom and very…attentive. Sometimes I thought I couldn’t handle it. The connection between us grew stronger with every word spoken, every kiss given and received, and every sizzling touch to the skin.

We found ourselves sometimes completing each other’s sentences. Or one of us would make a comment the other had already been thinking. Silence was also peaceful and comforting and well, you know the saying about that goes in a relationship.

Sunday afternoon and evening, Evan wouldn’t let me cancel my traditional plans with Stacy. We both went over to her house much to her delight. We had girl talk, while Evan and Kenneth played poker.

Kenneth took his humor to a new extreme and pretended to be a psychologist the whole evening answering questions with questions. It thoroughly annoyed me, but Evan was a good sport about it and played along stumping Kenneth from time to time – which only made him more determined.

One thing I was grateful for is Kenneth refrained from his recreational smoking habit while Evan was around. Unsure if he did so because Evan didn’t know or not or simply out of respect for the new guy being a guest in his home. They have really only socialized twice before.

For once my routine is relaxed. I didn’t have to set any clothes out for work, or make sure I hopped into the shower early, and I didn’t mind this unfamiliar interruption. I made my coffee and fed Boxer. Opening my yard’s door all the way to let in the cool air and Boxer out, I sat at my desk to do some work from home.

Granted, I was slightly disappointed that Evan’s warm body wasn’t lying next to mine when I woke up. He still had work to go to. The term ‘spoiled’ came to mind. I giggled out loud and Boxer poked his head in on me.

“Oh go do your business,” I wave at him. He huffed at me and went back outside. He enjoyed the getaway, but is glad to be home.

Shaking my head, I started to organize the work I had brought home on Friday. Being gone all weekend, it all still sat in a messy pile on my desk. Getting home late last night I just went to bed.