Chapter Thirty-Two

Quick Note: This will be the second dedication to @dramali for all her love, support and brainstorming with me whenever I get stuck or not sure where to go and to help keep the storyline consistent for this book. A wonderful person and so proud and happy she is my friend and is helping me through my difficult time with my kitty being on death's doorstep.

Hey she is published too! Go get your copy of 'Jack Who?' on amazon right now! Its totally worth it! Love you girl! A link to her author page on Amazon is in the external link to the right under the cover. I apologize for the shortness of this chapter. I am surprised I got anything written today with my mood over my cat's turn for the worst. I hope you enjoy it still. =)

*

*

My smile stayed glued to my face as I washed the dishes from breakfast.

Doing a simple daily chore like this, in someone else’s home felt different. I have been so used to just my own apartment. Now here I am, in my robe at my…boyfriend’s (I loved the sound of that) doing dishes after we have eaten breakfast together. Did I mention how happy I am?

Turning around after starting the dishwasher, I looked for Boxer who is sniffing everything he comes into contact with. There are no other animals here as Evan didn’t have a pet, but he didn’t seem to mind them, to let me bring my dog over with me. There were plenty other new scents for him to indulge in.

Currently he was sniffing and sneezing around the book case at Evan’s desk. I walked over to pet him.

Glancing at the contents of the book case there were various psychology books and some classics that I also have enjoyed. I ran my fingers along the bindings admiring his taste in literature.

I came to a part of the shelf that had hand written labels on the bindings. Words like family, friends, conference, graduation and college. Judging by the thickness and style of the large folders they were obviously photo albums. I smiled, so Evan is sentimental too, I thought. Some of the bindings on the albums were worn.

I pulled out the college album remembering he had mentioned about how Kyle and him went to college together. I bit my lip not sure if I should open it or not. Would it be prying or considered snooping if I looked through his photo albums?

Before I could decide the door opened making me jump.

“Honey, I’m home,” he called in a playful voice walking into the living room.

His eyes darted to the album I held in my hands. Evan’s expression turned to one of cautious alarm.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I haven’t looked at it yet didn’t know if I should or could, I was just curious about your college days since you mentioned it before,” I spoke embarrassed.

He walked over to me. I swore I saw relief sweep across his face and that confused me.

“There are some embarrassing moments from college you don’t want to see that do you?” he joked and lightly pulled the album out of my hands putting it back on the bookshelf. Clearly, there was something he didn’t want me to see.

“Maybe,” I teased back flirtatiously ignoring his apprehension; it wasn’t my place to push the issue.

Evan chuckles. “You’re still in your robe,” his hands moved onto my hips. “How about we take a shower together,” he hummed quietly inching closer to my face and placing his lips on mine in a sultry kiss.

“Mmm are you trying to distract me?” I giggled against his lips; any concerns forgotten and wrapped my arms around his neck as he held me to him against his bookcase.