Chapter Thirty

Quick Note: The picture is a cover my dear friend @SCCourtney made for the book a while ago. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Something you all have been waiting for and a bit more...

*

*

I could see the looks and hear the back room gossip.

Sonja has more pep in her step.

Since when does Sonja greet everyone pleasantly now.

Only three days have passed since my first night with Evan.

Of course no one knew what the cause of my happy mood is – except Stacy. I only told her a PG version I don’t kiss and tell, but she knew.

This Friday there wasn’t much work to do for once. The Cooper account and Terry account are both officially live and closed. Stay, Eddie and I are just wrapping up the final details.

Vacation time began to seep into my mind as I tried to plan what days I wanted to take off. Now that Evan and I are together, I am at a loss.

I informed Eddie yesterday about the plans for me to help Kyle and Evan with furnishing and decorating of their new building which would give me material for the website. He approved time away from the office for that since Kyle and Evan were my only clients now. The work would still be done on company time even though Kyle wanted to pay me extra.

Stacy and I had done a little jig this morning of joy that we wouldn’t have to deal with Cooper anymore.

Today though, I am nervous. Stacy called for me to step in and add the icing to the cake of our plot. I didn’t want to flirt with Eddie and get his hopes up. I guess there is a rumor going around about the reason for my happy mood is something Eddie did for me. I am pretty sure Stacy conspired with the other girls to start that and fuel Suzanne’s rage. Thank god from what I heard it wasn’t anything…personal.

So far I haven’t come up with anything, or the nerve. Pacing in my office I tried to think of something, an idea of what I could say to him, but nothing came to mind. All I could think of is my worry about how far Eddie might read into it.

Out in the office I could see people moving around doing their daily tasks. Walking over to my window I searched for Suzanne. I found her making rounds as she worked and her route seemed to be inching towards Eddie’s office…

I flung my door open as inspiration suddenly hit me and made my way to Stacy’s office peeking inside.

“I’m going for it,” I said.

Excitedly, Stacy dropped everything she was doing and got up as I shut her door and continued my way to Eddie’s office.

Just as he opened the door when Suzanne knocked, I reached the both of them. Eddie stood there unsure of who to address first, so I spoke up.

“Hey Eddie, I just wanted to thank you for all your help on recovering my work,” I smiled happily and ugh, tried to bat my eyelashes in a more than friendly fashion.

Eddie grinned pleased that I chose to speak to him finally completely ignoring Suzanne. I glanced in her direction. Her eyes flashed in anger and disbelief at my boldness.

“You’re welcome Sonja,” Eddied turned completely to face me.

Reluctantly, I put on my best flirtatious expression and touched his arm suggestively.

“Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?” I asked with a hint of suggestion in my tone. On the inside I wanted to gag myself.

“Actually there is…”