Chapter Eighteen

Quick Note: The picture is fan art made by Rose! She gets the dedication for this chapter and thank you so much girl! That means so much to me and so awesome of you to do and take the time for! Also anyone who has read Under the Surface or the complete Surface Series there is a little bit in here that might make you smile. The poll I closed for the Halloween Costumes and that has been decided. =) Thank you everyone that voted! Sonja's will be revealed and Evan's later on *winks*. Enjoy the chapter! I know its kind of a filler, but I try to make these type of chapters interesting.

*

*

“Why did you call him?”

Stacy looked up at me from where she was bent over the grill supervising Kenneth’s cooking. The apron that says ‘kiss the cook’ hung around her waist though Kenneth is the one turning the hot links and flipping the grilled asparagus.

I pretty much knew the answer, just wanted to hear it from her.

“Call who?”

“You know who,” I smirked at her sipping from my beer. Stacy couldn’t play innocent with me.

“I thought he could help you know therapist, Boxer meaning what he does to you…”

“That’s not the only reason.”

Kenneth looked back and forth between us pretending he wasn’t listening.

“I was drinking, I’m sorry. Everything worked out didn’t it?”

I didn’t answer, just glared at her unable to stop the smile from spreading.

“Don’t do it again.” I warned her.

“You like him, I knew it.”

“Okay what is going on? I can’t stand this short hand,” Kenneth spoke up next to Stacy. She rolled her eyes smiling at him.

“Our dear blue eyes here has a crush on her new therapist.”

“Stacy!” I couldn’t believe she openly said that to him.

“What, whose he going to tell.”

I shook my head.

Maybe it was a bad idea to come over for a BBQ on a Saturday instead of Sunday. We had to switch again for something Kenneth is working on. It seemed to be big news as it kept him in the city most days for promotional gigs. Stacy being the loyal girlfriend was always there for him and knew I didn’t mind the get together switches.

“I could tell they like each other from the other day during our last meeting at work…”

“Wait he’s a client too?” Kenneth blurted out interrupting her.

“Oh hell,” I lowered my head into my hand rubbing my forehead. Stacy could never keep anything from Kenneth for long.

“He’s the partner of a new client so yes essentially.”

“I need a bowl,” Kenneth handed the tongs to Stacy smirking, completely amused by this information and walked off to his designated smoking area when we were both here.

“You know he’s going to tease me constantly now right?”

“Yeah…sorry…again,” she lowered the lid on the grill and sat back down across from me at the patio table.

“How is Boxer?”

“He’s doing well the antibiotics the last few days are working; he’s getting some energy back.”