Chapter Ten

Quick Note: Nice little teasing scene in this chapter for you all. Sorry its so short though. Had a bit of a rough and stressful day, but I had to get this out there for you guys! I won't be mad if you don't like it.

*

*

Evan's POV

*

*

As we worked at the construction site today, I found it difficult to concentrate at all. My mood held me back, frustrated with all that is going on.

“Evan can you cut me some four by four wood?” I heard Mike call out over the noise of all the machinery and crew.

“Sure.”

Finishing what I was already doing I moved over to the table saw, my mind raced with my thoughts. I could not get yesterday out of my mind.

Sonja’s appearance alone struck a chord in me that I have never felt before. Luckily, I was in her realm which made it easier to relax. I relaxed too much. It was just so easy to work with her. I enjoyed myself.

Her boss…now that was interesting. I hated him immediately and he made it obvious that he is interested in Sonja and already felt he could stake a claim. I was shocked at how angry and protective of her that had made me. The guy rubbed me the wrong way and there was something about him I sensed that made me want to shield her from him.  Also, I was ashamed of my jealousy.

It pleased me that he didn’t like her reactions to me and how she didn’t seem interested in him. I shouldn’t like that she had any reaction to me at all. Then she revealed he had asked her out on a date. Well she didn’t exactly; I stopped her before she could say it. Wasn’t hard to figure out.

That bothered me and set me off all over again and I tried to just focus on the work after that. She was close…much too close. I couldn’t just let her leave unattended though in either case when we finished. The scumbag boss of hers could have been lurking around still.

The way she looked in that moonlight I had to leave. She provoked things in me that are inappropriate for our relationship…

“Fuck.” I growled. Not paying attention to what I was doing I sliced the side of my hand open on the table saw.

Kyle and Mike came rushing over. “Hey man are you okay?” Kyle said seeing the blood dripping onto the wood.

Damn, what is wrong with me? I couldn’t get my mind off of her.

“It’s nothing just sliced my hand a little on the edge of the blade,” I mumbled. Kyle gave me a curious look. I ignored it and assessed the damage, it wasn’t bad, but would need stitches.

“Are you okay? You seem to be frustrated today you should go down to the urgent care for that,” Kyle said pointing at my hand in concern.

“I’m fine and I have to it will need a few stitches,” my tone was irritated.

“I’ll take care of this just go get that fixed up,” Kyle still watched me with concern in his eyes. I knew he would be questioning me later.

“Thanks,” I grumbled wrapping a small towel Mike had brought over around my hand and turned towards my car to leave.

“Can you even drive?” Mike asked.

“Yeah it’s my left hand doesn’t even hurt that much,” I said, but kept on walking.

I hated to leave in the middle of work. However, I needed a break. I needed to figure out what is going on with me. This frustration has never happened to such levels for me before. Not even during…but that was different. This attraction is turning out to be mutual. I scowled to myself as I drove arriving at the hospital a few minutes later.