Chapter Twenty-Nine

Quick Note: The picture on the right is of all the therapists. Evan, Joanne and Kyle. Enjoy this chapter. Think you all deserve some Evan right now. =P

*

*

Evan’s POV

*

Her lips tasted like morning sunshine.

I held her close in the early hours of the day. All I wanted to do was go back inside and into bed. Unfortunately duty calls for us both.

“I’ll call you later.”

“Okay, I’ll be in meetings almost all day with Terry coming in to close out his account,” she said softly against me.

“Good luck,” I kissed her again.

Sonja chuckles. “I’m going to be late.”

“Me too,” I smiled against her lips pulling myself away reluctantly.

We walked off to our cars and I had to let her go. I waited for her to leave before following her out and dialing my office on the speaker phone.

“I’ll be late this morning please let my patients know.”

“No problem Dr. Jacobs.”

I hung up as I drove home. It felt weird to be in the same clothes that I wore yesterday and have already showered.

I smirked. What a pleasant shower it was to this morning. I washed Sonja feeling all of her body. Then we made love again. I couldn’t get enough of her and probably the reason why it made me run late.

Last night was something I have been fantasizing about for a while. I probably shouldn’t have acted on my feelings at my office, but I couldn’t stand waiting any longer. I needed her.

At my apartment I changed quickly making a mental note to clean before the weekend. Within fifteen minutes I was back in my car driving to work. Typically, I hated being late for anything, but for Sonja I didn’t mind one bit. Plus my work week wasn’t as jam packed as it usually is.

I knew I didn’t have as many patients today or for the rest of the week and part of next for that matter due to my other business ventures. Today though, Kylie and I had a meeting in the afternoon about those other ventures, appointments and the like for the building inspections.

He would have some questions for me – which I am positive of. After the dinner party he tried to corner me, but I left before he could and wasn’t even sure why. With Melanie there and how he had been drinking it was easy to dodge him.

I took my messages from the receptionist. I hardly said a word of greetings. My mind was occupied as I quietly responded to my correspondence and saw my first patient who had already been waiting when I arrived.

I went through the work day on auto pilot. My thoughts filled with Sonja. I wondered how her day is going. Smiling as I imagined her working. That tenacious ability of hers, I’ve witnessed firsthand over the last three months. She did not give up; it wasn’t as surprising anymore how she managed to recover so quickly from the deranged man who abused her.

The only thing I felt nervous about was why didn’t I tell her the truth about Dr. Mayweather? Was it part of my professional side mixed with my personal feelings for her? I didn’t want to put her previous therapist (who actually she must have done a good job for Sonja) in a bad light.

I thought if she knew about Kyle being married to Mayweather and now divorced would ruin her opinion and question her creditability. Sometimes that could undo what a therapist works on with a patient when they see them differently. I scoffed to myself, like I am one to talk.