Chapter Forty-One

Quick Note: The beginning of the end. Enjoy the festive New Year's Eve photo!! Okay this chapter is dedicated to the winner of my contest in the previous chapter. I know it was pretty obscure and not many actually got the actual title to the sequel which is 'On the Bench'. Yes I know probably doesn't make much sense right now but it will trust me. I love all the guesses you all gave me and appreciate your participation. I really love doing interacitve things with you fans and readers for that reason and feel bad that not all of you can win the prizes but you all are winners in my book simply because you support and love my story and it means the world to me! So congratulations to @secretheartofgold for guessing this one correctly first! Love you all so much!!

*

*

Going back to work after nine days off is hellish.

There is so much work for me to get done. I had more than enough material to put Evan and Kyle’s website together. The volunteers set a grueling pace even for me, as New Year’s Eve approaches falling on a Tuesday – tomorrow.

No one wanted to stay at work late for the holiday and biggest party night of the year. Even I had plans. Stacy, Kenneth, Evan, Kyle, Melanie and I were going out to celebrate in the city on the pier for the cities New Year’s bash.

“Sonja these changes need your approval,” Eddie called from the front of the room. I hurried over and looked at the changes.

“Keep that one, this image needs to be more rectangular, have someone proof read Kyle’s profile again I see errors,” I rambled off instructions.

Eddie nodded bending back over the computer and I moved back to my place continuing with small final touches that I was adding. At this stage in the process, Eddie though my boss usually lets us designers take over to get it all finished the way we envisioned. Plus I have much more invested in this account than any other and he knows it.

Kyle and Evan are opening the counseling office in a few weeks, maybe a month and the website needs to be finished and already live before that. It’s expected to help bring in about thirty percent of their clientele. The major purpose is easy access for current clients, to schedule, cancel, refill prescriptions or request them from Kyle or ‘Dr. Jenkins’ to refill and have an emergency contact.

I designed it to be more personable to the patient than your average counseling office and accessible. Being a patient myself seems to have helped in the inspiration and what I would have wanted and needed from a counseling services website.

I think I did a good job. All the major functions were working properly with only minor glitches which are what the volunteers are for, the final process. I had no time to think today.

Stacy informed me that she had new clients waiting for me to look at and see if I wanted to take them on. Now that my vacation, (though it didn’t turn out the way I expected with the admin leave), is over and almost completed with Evan and Kyle’s account, or I should call it ‘Jenkins and Jacobs Counseling Services’ now.

It’s time to fill up my roster again. There are five portfolio’s sitting on my desk for me to flip through. How would I find the time, I thought to myself. I even kicked off the heels I wore today. My feet hurt so bad from being on them up and down all day long.

My phone buzzes in my pocket.

How is your first day back going?

I smile at Evan’s text.

Busy, my feet are killing me. How are you doing?

I put my phone back in my pocket and continue working.