Chapter 33

Zane opens his eyes to see Rose staring back at him as they lay in his bed

Zane opens his eyes to see Rose staring back at him as they lay in his bed. Light creeping through the edges of the curtains shines directly on her, seeming to be the only thing illuminated in a room full of darkness. A smile gently forms as she realizes she's been caught.

"Good morning." She whispers.

"Any morning is good when I wake to see your beautiful face." He declares lovingly.

Her smile broadens to his response. He stares back at her glowing face but his attention is quickly diverted when he notices the sunlight has made her nightgown translucent, revealing every detail beneath it. His eyes widen, momentarily in a state of shock.

"So, I umm, I can umm, I can see right through your nightgown." He mumbles while Instantaneously trying not to stare.

She looks down to see her chest completely exposed. She quickly pulls the covers up to hide herself.

"You aren't supposed to see me like that yet!" She blushes and smiles while a bit embarrassed.

"Well it was an accident that I definitely won't apologize for." He admits with a grin.

"Of course you wouldn't." She grins back at him while shaking her head.

"I'm just saying. You can't be mad at me for looking when you were the one willingly showing them off." He laughs with a large grin now permanently on his face.

"Oh, you're ridiculous." She smiles in defeat as she rolls away from him to get out of bed.

"Bless the gods!" He replies loudly as she heads for the door.

She turns her head to see him staring down at her revealed backside.

"Really!" She exclaims smiling as she attempts to cover her backside with her hands. "This gown will no longer be in my wardrobe any longer."

"Come on! I really liked that gown." He yells jokingly as she scurries out the door.

He hears her door close as he lay still momentarily with a large grin on his face.

"What a great morning." He acknowledges aloud.

He springs out of bed with a newfound energy to start the day and begins getting dressed. As he finishes, he hears familiar voices echoing in excitement down the hallway. Interested in seeing what the commotion is about, he exits his room and heads toward the foyer of the castle. As he approaches, he sees Sherry in deep embrace with William, the house physician. Zane's curiosity turns to confusion as he watches them kiss.

"Zane! I see you are doing much better since we last met." Reveals William.

"Yes, much better." Admits Zane.