Chapter 14

"Where did you learn how to do that?" demands Baschera as he lies on the ground in front of Fallon

"I don't remember. I just picked it up somewhere," alleges Fallon.

"That was a reaction, not just something you pick up from somewhere. The only way you naturally react to something like that is from muscle memory by doing it over and over. So who taught you that?" asks Baschera still shocked and his pride hurt a bit as he rises to his feet.

"I can't say," admits Fallon.

"What do you mean you can't say?" he questions.

"I just can't say," she retorts with frustration. 

"Why not?" he questions as he starts becoming irritated by the lack of answers.

"I just can't! I'm sorry. I have to go," she claims as she grabs her things and heads through the courtyard.

Baschera remains unmoved in a state of confusion. He looks around to see if anyone saw what happened, but it seems it went unnoticed. "Where the hell did that come from?" he mumbles to himself. He dusts himself off and then catches a glimpse of Rose headed across the large courtyard. "Hey Rose!" he yells. He quickly grabs all of his things and runs after her. "Hey Rose!" he yells again as he gets closer.

She stops as he runs up.

"Hey, did you see where Fallon went?" he asks.

"Um, no. I haven't seen her since we were sitting in the bleachers. Why?" she asks.

"I just wanted to ask her something," he responds being vague.

"Things seem to being going pretty well between you two," adds Rose.

"Yeah, um, we're supposed to have dinner together tonight," replies Baschera.

"You really like her don't you?" insists Rose.

He smiles and turns bright red. "I do," confesses Baschera. "I was actually thinking of asking her tonight if she will be my date to your party after graduation."

"Aw, you should definitely do it," urges Rose.

"Do you think she would say yes?" he questions.

"I know she would," admits Rose.

"Good, because I was also thinking about asking her to court me. I thought it would be nice if we went to your party together and I could take her into the gardens and ask her there."

"Look at you being all romantic." Proclaims Rose smiling.

"Oh shut up." Jokes Baschera.

"Well, I know she really likes you. She talks about you all the time. Of course, so does Isabel."

"Why!" Exclaims Baschera as he throws his hands up in the air. "She won't leave me alone. I mean, she's obviously really good looking, but I've never given her any reason to bother me the way she does. She's relentless."