Chapter 8

Baschera and Lady Marie ride quickly toward the scene of the collision in the jousting arena as Professor Bruce is carefully taking Caine's armor off

Baschera and Lady Marie ride quickly toward the scene of the collision in the jousting arena as Professor Bruce is carefully taking Caine's armor off. Baschera quickly pulls Dekker's horse to a stop and climbs down. Without thinking, he grabs Lady Marie by her waist, lifts her up, and then places her on the ground with little effort.

She gives off a bit of a sigh under her breath that goes unnoticed, and then kneels down and starts examining Caine. "Can you move?"

"No," cries Caine.

"Can someone help me roll him on his side?" she asks.

"I will," answers Baschera quickly before anyone else has the chance. Baschera slowly rolls Caine over to his side while being careful not to further injure him.

Lady Marie slowly slides her hand down his spine. "It's as you expected Professor Bruce. His spine is broken in multiple places but it can be fixed. Help me roll him onto his stomach," she continues as she turns her attention to Baschera.

Baschera does as she asks and rolls him onto his stomach. She places both hands on the middle of his back and closes her eyes.

"Ahh!" yells Caine as the magic starts the healing process.

A moment later, she opens her eyes and lifts up her hands. "Alright, that's all I can do for now." she announces as she stands up. "It's still going to take time to heal but you should be better now."

Caine moves to adjust himself and then slowly stands up. "Wow, that is much better! Thank you Lady Marie!"

"It's no problem. You should go rest though, and you definitely need to take it easy for the next few weeks or so," she insists.

"Alright," agrees Caine as he limps away toward the dorm rooms.

"Lady Marie, would you mind sticking around for the rest of class just in case? The boys can get a bit rough at times," admits Professor Bruce.

"I don't see why not," she agrees as she looks at Baschera.

"Thank you," acknowledges Bruce. "Baschera, once class is done, make sure Lady Marie is returned to her office."

"It would be my pleasure sir," declares Baschera while hiding a sleight grin.

"Good. You and Prince Asher are up next," reveals Bruce.

Lady Marie walks over and sits in the stands right next to Baschera's helmet. Baschera walks up and grabs his helmet. "Wish me luck?" he asks.

"I don't think you need it," she admits while cracking a smile.

"Not usually," he adds with a subtle wink.

She tries to hide the fact that she is blushing by looking down and rubbing her eyes as he walks toward his horse. Asher and Baschera ready themselves and climb onto their horses. Baschera adjusts his armor while atop his horse and notices that Lady Marie is watching his every movement.