Chapter 10

Baschera quickly heads down the covered open hallway on the edge of the courtyard toward the dining hall at Coral Coast Island Academy when Asher and Dekker round the corner headed to dinner as well

"Where the hell have you been?" asks Asher inquisitively.

"What do you mean?" questions Baschera, trying to dodge the question. 

"You missed lunch and three classes. You're lucky that I covered for you and told the professors that you went to the physician because you weren't feeling well," reveals Asher.

"Thanks," acknowledges Baschera as he struggles to decide whether he can trust them if he does tell them. 

"So, where were you?" grills Dekker getting frustrated. 

"I can't say anything right here. Follow me," insists Baschera while motioning for them to follow. He leads Asher and Dekker into the courtyard away from anyone who might overhear. "Alright, you guys can't say anything to anyone. Do you promise?"

"Yeah," they both agree in unison.

"I'm serious! You can't say anything to anyone!" declares Baschera sternly.

"Alright, we get it!" retorts Dekker anxiously.

Baschera looks around the courtyard once more to make sure nobody can hear before he begins. "Alright, so I was taking Lady Marie back to her office and she noticed that my ribs were hurting. So she told me to come in so she could check them out. She healed my ribs and then started flirting with me. Then she said that she needed to do a full exam on me and before I knew it, she had taken my trousers off and climbed on top of me. When I finished, she healed me and then kept going."

"There's no way that happened!" retorts Dekker unconvinced.

"Yeah, I must have hit you harder than I thought," implies Asher in agreement. "There's no way that you of all people got with Lady Marie."

"I'm serious damn it! I'm not making this up! It was the greatest thing ever, but then she wouldn't stop. I feel like I haven't slept or eaten in a week. She kept healing me every time I would finish and she wouldn't let me leave. I started to think that it would never end. I'm telling you guys, she's crazy, and she's completely obsessed with Lord Hagan. While we were in the middle of things, she kept telling me what he used to do to her in her office back before he died," explains Baschera. 

Asher and Dekker can't keep themselves contained anymore and start laughing hysterically.

"It's not funny damn it! There's something seriously wrong with her!" continues Baschera.

Asher and Dekker start laughing even harder.

"Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have told you guys!" counters Baschera with regret. 

"So what are you going to do about Lady Fallon now that you're someone else's sex slave?" asks Asher as he giggles while trying to contain himself.

"I don't know, but if either of you say anything to anyone, so help me I will kill the both of you!" promises Baschera. 

"Speak of the devil!" insinuates Asher while interrupting as Lady Rose and Fallon walk up.

"Are you guys not going to eat, or did you already?" questions Rose.

"We were just about to head in. Would you ladies care to join us?" asks Asher quickly before Baschera can avoid Fallon because of recent events.

"Of course," agrees Rose. 

Asher walks to the door of the dining hall and opens it. "Ladies, after you," announces Asher while motioning them into the dining hall.

"Thank you," they both repeat as they pass by Asher.

"What are you doing?" questions Baschera nervously.

"I thought it would be funny to watch you squirm," retorts Asher with an evil sounding laugh.

They walk into the large dining hall. Four long wooden tables stretch the length of the room, one for each year group. Torches lining each wall and windows letting in the last remaining sunlight before the sun sets, light up the large room. They seat themselves and wait for their food to be brought to them. Fallon stares at Baschera from across the table.

"So Baschera, I heard that you got hurt and had to go to the physician. Are you alright?" asks Fallon concerned.

"I'm alright. It wasn't that serious," concludes Baschera, trying to downplay the incident to change the subject.

Asher overhears their conversation as he talks to Rose. "It had to have been fairly serious. You spent most of the day with Lady Marie in her office," insinuates Asher.

Baschera shoots a quick glare at Asher and then turns his attention back to Fallon. "I just broke a few ribs. It wasn't that serious, but it did take a bit to heal," reassures Baschera. 

"Well, I'm just glad that you are better now," declares Fallon sincerely.

"Thank you," acknowledges Baschera.

The kitchen staff brings out their food and sits their plates down in front of each of them. They pour wine into cups for them, and then return to the kitchen as more students wait to be fed. 

"So are you going to Rose's party this year? asks Fallon inquisitively as she picks at the deer meat, potatoes, and carrots on her plate. 

"I was planning on it. Why? Will you be there?" returns Baschera as he digs into his food.

"Well, if you're going to be there, then I guess I'll be there as well," reveals Fallon as she begins blushing.

Baschera stops eating and gives Fallon his full attention. "Would you like to, I mean since you're going to be eating anyway, would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow? Just the two of us," asks Baschera as he struggles to get the words out.

"I would like that," agrees Fallon as her blushing face turn even more red.

Fallon and Baschera continue to eat quietly while exchanging smiling flirtatious glances back and forth. "Alright, well, I better head off to bed," insists Baschera as he stands to excuse himself.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then," declares Fallon with a smile.

"Yes you will," agrees Baschera as he walks away while starring  back at her.

"Goodnight," returns Fallon as she continues to watch him walk away.

"Goodnight,"  declares Baschera as he walks right into one of the dining tables, almost knocking everything off of it. "Sorry about that!" he announces to the group of students sitting at the table. He collects himself and gives a quick wave to Fallon before he exits the dining hall and heads off to bed. Fallon sits quietly for a while, as the conversation between Dekker, Rose, and Asher seems to be drowned out by her thoughts of Baschera until they all head off to bed.

***Thank you for reading. If you enjoy the story so far, please vote***