13 Like a Virgin: Part 1

December 24th, 2011 – January 2nd, 2012

Dean and I stood outside the panic room, waiting for Cass to finish Sam's check-up. He'd been unconscious for a few days and was hooked up to an IV.

"Well?" Dean asked as Cass joined us outside.

Cass nodded. "His soul is in place, and I healed his leg."

"Is he ever gonna wake up?" Dean asked.

Cass shook his head. "I'm not a human doctor, Dean."

I furrowed my brow. "Can you at least give us your best guess?"

Cass nodded and then looked at us. "Okay... probably not."

Dean scoffed. "Oh, well, don't sugarcoat it."

Cass shook his head. "I'm sorry, but I warned you two not to put that thing back inside him."

"What were we supposed to do?" Dean snapped. "Let T-1000 walk around? Hope he doesn't open fire?"

Cass walked up to Dean and got in his face. "Let me tell you what his soul felt like when I touched it. Like it had been skinned alive, Dean. If you wanted to kill your brother, you should have done it outright." He gave us a judgmental look before walking away.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I sighed as I walked to Nate's room. He was lying on his bed reading, but he immediately sat up when I reached the doorway.

"Sam, still asleep?" he asked, his eyes bright with hope.

I nodded and walked somberly into his room.

"He'll wake up," he said confidently as he stood up. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eye. "Okay?"

I looked up at him, tears welling in my eyes, and then pressed my head against his chest. He kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arms around me.

"Sam's strong. He'll bounce back," he said.

I shook my head. "You don't know that."

"He's died how many times now?" he asked.

"It doesn't matter. The Cage is different. Cass basically just said that we are killing him slowly," I said.

Nate sighed. "I don't know. All I'm saying is, Winchesters are resilient."

I sighed and walked away toward the bed. "I guess," I said as I sat down and looked at the papers Nate had been reading. The headline read Small Plane Crash Kills Two. "Is this a case?" I asked.

Nate nodded. "Uh, yeah. Bobby made me a copy. Wanted me to take a look at it."

"Do you need help?" I asked eagerly, wanting to take my mind off of everything.

"Sure," he said with a smile as he sat beside me. "So, this couple went for a ride on a small plane. It crashed, and the wreckage was found in the woods."

I nodded. "Okay? So, where's the weird?"

"Well..." He sighed. "The man was found seventeen miles away, ripped apart. The woman was gone, no body or any sign of her."

I nodded and shrugged. "Sounds like something."

"Sam?!" Dean yelled from the other room.

I looked at Nate, jumped up, and ran into Bobby's office, where I found Sam and Dean hugging.

I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand. "Oh, my god." Tears welled in my eyes, and when Sam let Dean go, I ran to him. "I can't believe it's really you."