13 Like a Virgin: Part 4

We spent the next few hours looking for the second dragon after we helped the girls get out of the sewer, but we couldn't find him anywhere. So we decided to head back to Bobby's.

I went out to Bobby's garage and found Dean sitting at a table, sorting through the gold items he had found in the sewer.

"So, look, I gotta tell you something." I sighed and sat beside him.

Dean nodded. "Yeah, me too."

I nodded. "Okay, well, let me—"

He shook his head. "No, this can't wait." He took a deep breath. "I'm— I'm sorry."

I furrowed my brow. "What? For what?"

He shrugged. "You aren't a little kid anymore, and I forget that a lot. As much as I want to rip that kid's head off, I know what you guys did was..." He took a deep breath and swallowed hard. "Natural... or whatever..." He shook his head. "The point is, I'm loosening the grip a little. I'm still gonna watch your back and be your protective big brother, always, but you deserve some privacy."

I raised my eyebrows. "Wow..." I laughed. "Thanks, big bro."

He nodded. "Just promise me, if that kid needs his ass kicked, you tell me, or at least let me know, so I can be there to watch you do it."

I smirked and nodded at him. "I promise."

Dean cracked a grin. "There's one more thing."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I was thinking... you're sixteen now..." Dean shrugged. "And ya know, Dad taught me how to drive in the Impala, and I think it's about time I teach you." He jingled the keys to the Impala in front of my face.

My eyes widened, and a huge smile spread across my face. "Wait... are you serious?"

Dean nodded with a smile. "Deadly."

Sam walked into the garage.

Dean smiled as he walked over to him and handed him a gold watch from his stash. "Hey, Sam. Ask me what time it is."

Sam laughed. "Why don't you cut to the chase and just roll in it?"

Dean shrugged. "I rarely have wealth."

Sam chuckled.

"So..." Dean said. "I'm gonna teach our baby sister how to drive. You want to come along?"

Sam raised his eyebrows. "Seriously?" He nodded. "Yeah, of course."

Dean smiled and tossed the keys to me, which I gladly caught.

Sam sighed and sat down with us. "Guys..."

"Yeah?" Dean asked, still looking at his collection.

Sam shook his head. "I am so— so sorry to both of you. I can't even begin to say."

Dean looked at him. "For what?"

"You know what," Sam said, his eyes welling up with tears.

Sam nodded as Dean clenched his jaw.

Dean shook his head in irritation. "Did Bobby—"

I shook my head. "Cass—"

Dean looked at me. "You knew?"

I shrugged. "That's what I was going to tell you. I'm sorry."

Sam shook his head. "It's not her fault. I asked him to come back and tell me everything. Actually, he just left."

"Cass. Friggin' child." Dean shook his head.

Sam looked at us sincerely. "You guys should have told me."