12 Appointment in Samarra: Part 2

Later that night, Nate and I went out to the kitchen to eat dinner, but Bobby was pacing with his phone to his ear. Thankfully, Dean hadn't returned yet, but Sam was nowhere to be found.

"Bobby?" I asked, "Where's Sam?"

Bobby looked at me and hung up the phone. "Don't know, been trying to call him."

"What?!" I shouted. "Bobby, he's gone?!"

"Hey now, you were here just the same as me," Bobby said, shaking his head at me.

Sam entered the room a few moments later.

"Sam, what the hell?" I asked, irritated.

Sam looked at us, confused.

Bobby shrugged. "Woke up, and you were gone. Where you been?"

"Just driving around. No biggie," Sam said.

Bobby nodded and took a bottle of whiskey from the shelf. "Drink?"

Sam took a seat at the table. "Yeah. Sure."

Nate and I went into his room to watch a movie after Sam and Bobby started playing poker. We sat on his bed, his arm around my waist, and watched a random movie.

"Told you he hated me," Nate said randomly.

I looked at him, confused. "What? Who?"

He laughed. "Who do you think?"

"What, Dean?" I sighed and rolled my eyes. "He'll get over it, and so should you." I gave him a serious look. "He can smell fear, you know."

Nate stared at me for a moment. "You're joking, right?"

I shook my head. "No, he's like a shark, and you're like the chum just floating in the water."

Nate let out a sigh. "Maddi..."

I burst out laughing. "Come on, I'm just joking. He can't smell fear... I think." I smirked at him.

"Do you enjoy terrifying me?" he asked, sounding slightly serious. "I knew it was a bad idea."

I sat up and looked at him. "Okay, you seriously need to stop being a baby."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "What?"

I smacked him in the chest. "You heard me. I've been patient with you, letting you whine about it... like every time we've talked since." I stared at him. "Get over it."

"Whoa, okay, hold on." Nate raised his hands in defense.

"No, you hold on." I shrugged. "Okay, Dean may or may not like you... who cares!" I shook my head. "I like you. That's all that should matter. And don't say you regret it because—"

"That's— That's not what I said," he said nervously.

"Because I don't regret it. I'm happy it happened. And I'm hoping to do it again. So, friggin' chill out, dude, or I can promise you, it definitely won't." I smacked him across the arm.

He laughed and grabbed my hand. "Ow, okay. I get it. I'm sorry, you're right." He leaned in and kissed me. "Okay? I'm sorry. I'll stop being a baby." He cracked a grin.

I took his hand in mine and began playing with his fingers. "Besides, he does like you. He just doesn't really like what we did. But we just did something that everyone else in the world has done or is going to do, including him." I shrugged. "Unfortunately for you, I just have a crazy overprotective big brother."

He placed his hand on my cheek. "I get it. I will get over it. Okay?"

I smirked. "You better, 'cause if you don't, I will kick your ass myself."