9 All Dogs Go to Heaven: Part 1

November 10th - November 15th, 2011

We stopped at a BBQ restaurant. While Sam and I were sitting at our table eating, Dean was walking back with his tray of food while on the phone with Bobby.

Dean sighed. "I know, Bobby, but there's got to be another way." (...) "I don't know. Keep digging. I mean, if Crowley thinks we're just gonna—"

"Crowley thinks you're just gonna what, Dean?" Crowley asked as he randomly appeared behind him.

Sam and I looked up from our food in surprise.

"Is that Bobby Singer? Give him a kiss for me." Crowley smiled and walked over to our table.

"I'll call you back," Dean said into the phone and hung up.

"Good news!" Crowley said as he pulled out a chair next to Sam to sit down. "I've got a job for you."

Dean walked up and tossed his food tray in front of his seat next to me. "I'm gonna say this once. Take your job and shove it up your ass."

"Is that any way to talk to your boss?" Crowley asked.

Dean furrowed his brow. "You're not my boss, dickbag."

Crowley shook his head. "Dean, Dean. Been through this. Quit clutching your pearls. You've been working for me for some time now. Sam here, longer."

"We didn't know," Sam said.

Crowley looked at Sam. "Like that makes a difference to you. You'd sell your brother and sister for a dollar right now if you really needed a soda."

Dean shook his head slightly, even though he knew it was true.

Crowley shrugged. "Look, I'm sending you—"

"No," Dean interrupted.

Crowley furrowed his brow. "Beg pardon?"

Dean looked down. "I've done some shady stuff in my time, but I am not doing this." He slowly raised his head to look at Crowley. "No."

"Ten quid says you will," Crowley said.

Dean smirked and scoffed.

Then Crowley poked the back of Sam's hand, which started to sizzle and burn. Sam gasped in pain and clutched his hand to his chest. Crowley smirked at Dean and me and then looked back at Sam. "You like pain, Sam? You like Hell?" He looked back at Dean and me with his brow furrowed. "You need to stop thinking of this as some kind of deal." He looked at Dean. "This is a hostage situation, you arrogant little thug. I own your brother! Do you understand me?" He snapped his fingers, and the burn on Sam's hand disappeared. "Come on, Dean, smile. It's not that bad." He smirked. "Here's incentive... you bag me a live alpha, and I'll give you little Sammy's soul back, with a cherry on top."

I shrugged. "The alpha vamp wasn't enough for you? Might want to work on your interrogation skills."

Crowley leaned in and pointed at me. "Best mind where you poke your nose if you want to keep it." He gave me a look and then sat back up in his chair. "Your merry little hike up the food chain starts here." He slapped a newspaper down on the table. The headline read Businessman Falls Victim to Animal Attack. "Businessman found dead in his car... chest ripped open... heart missing. Sounds like?"

"Werewolf," Sam said.

I shook my head. "But it's not a full moon."

"Werewolves turning on the full moon..." Crowley shook his head. "So '09."

Sam nodded. "He's right. Samuel and I ganked one about six months back on the half-moon. Things have been out of whack for a while now, I guess."

Dean raised his eyebrows. "Yeah, I guess."