13 Like a Virgin: Part 3

After pinning some more clues to the wall, I fell asleep and woke up to Sam on the phone with Bobby, which made me a little nervous, so I sat up and listened.

"So, look, Maddi and I are trying to figure out where this thing lairs up. Uh, little help, maybe?" Sam asked. (...) "Caves, basically. But there's nothing around for miles." (...) "Huh. Well, um... there's no subway lines. Sewers. That could be it. Thanks." (...) "Wait, Bobby. Wait. Um... you okay?" (...) "Besides the way you been acting and talking? Nothing. Is there something I should know?" (...) "Well, Bobby, what happened this last year?" (...) "Right. 'Course." (...) "Ye—" He pulled the phone away and looked at it as if he was hurt.

"You okay?" I asked, worried.

Sam nodded. "Yeah... I just can't help but feel like Bobby's pissed off at me about something."

I shrugged. "Bobby's just being Bobby. He likes to play the role of grumpy old man from time to time, you know?"

Sam nodded and smiled softly. "Yeah, I guess." He sighed as he sat at the table. "So, I was thinking... and— You can say no. I understand if you don't want to."

I furrowed my brow. "Want to what?"

"Well, if we can't figure out where to find them, I was thinking we could bring them to us." Sam shrugged and awkwardly gestured to me. "And since you're a virgin, you could lure them out," he said, shaking his head. "I don't really like the idea of using you as bait, but it might be our best option right now."

I nodded uncomfortably, forgetting he had no idea about Nate and me. "Right, yeah, no. I— I think that's a good idea."

He furrowed his brow at me. "You sure? You look a little nervous."

I shook my head and shrugged. "No, not nervous. Not sure how Dean's gonna take this one."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, I know."

I cringed to myself, just thinking about Dean's reaction to that idea.

He paused for a moment before looking at me intently. "Um, so, you sure you guys aren't keeping anything from me, right?"

I furrowed my brow. "Why would you ask that?"

He shook his head. "Just something feels off."

"Sam, if there was something to tell you, we would tell you," I said.

He stared at me for a second and then nodded. "Okay." He cleared his throat. "When was the last time you talked to Cass?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, like a week ago, why?"

He shrugged. "Thinking about talking to him."

I shook my head, not really thinking that was a good idea. He wasn't on the same page as Dean and me. "Yeah, he's been busy. He's leading a war upstairs."

Sam raised his eyebrows. "A war? Really?" He shrugged. "Well, I'll just let him know I'm here, and he can decide when it's a good time."

I shrugged. "He's really busy, Sam."

Sam sighed and took a seat. "It doesn't hurt to try." He looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes. "Castiel, um... I'm back. So, if you got a minute—"

Cass appeared in the room immediately. "Sam. It's so good to see you alive."

Sam smiled as he rose to his feet. "Yeah. You too."

Cass approached Sam to hug him, but Sam sat down instead.

"Um..." Sam raised his eyes to Cass. "Look, I— I would hug you, but—"