3 Two and a Half Men: Part 3

As we drove, Sam and Dean explained a little bit about what they had figured out while visiting the father of the last victim.

"Ya know, it's pretty smart, actually. I mean, shifter poses as a guard for the security company to get near the house. Then it scopes out the fam," Sam said.

Dean nodded. "Yeah, and then daddy takes off, and shifter becomes daddy. A few glasses of wine, shakes momma's trees, comes back in nine months to collect its prize."

Sam shook his head. "I didn't even know they had babies. I thought they were just freaks of nature, like X-Men style."

Dean shrugged. "You learn something new every day, huh?"

"I've never seen a baby monster before," Sam said.

Dean shrugged. "Of course, it's not really a monster. I mean, it's still just a baby. It's not its fault it's dad's a shifter."

Sam nodded. "Right, but it's a shifter, too."

"Still doesn't change the fact that we've got to look after this thing." Dean sighed. "I mean, what the Hell are we going to do with it? We can't actually drop it off at an orphanage. They might get upset when it turns Asian."

"Samuel," Sam said.

"What?" Dean asked.

Sam nodded. "Samuel. He'll know what to do."

I shook my head. "That seems like a bad idea, Sam."

"Why?" Sam asked.

"You want to bring it to a bunch of hunters?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "Not just hunters. They're our family."

"We don't know them," Dean said.

Sam nodded. "I do. Not every hunter is a head-case. I mean, Samuel is actually a lot like you."

Dean shrugged. "I'm a friggin' head-case."

Sam sighed. "Well, pitch a better idea then."

Dean was silent, not knowing what else we really could do.

Sam nodded. "Great! Samuel, it is."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

About an hour later, we rolled up to Samuel's compound and walked in with the baby. Dean was holding Bobby John as Gwen walked up to him and smiled.

"Well, aren't you just the best disguise a monster ever wore?" Gwen asked and then looked up at Dean with a smirk. "I'm kidding, Dean. Relax."

Mark walked up to Dean and stared at the baby.

"What, you got something to say?" Dean asked but received no answer. "No? All right, well, you stand there and think at me."

Sam and Samuel entered the room together.

"What's our next move?" Sam asked.

Samuel sighed. "I got a couple of ideas." He held his hands out toward the baby. "Dean, let me see the little guy."

Dean shook his head. "That's all right, I got him."

"What do you think I'm going to do?" Samuel asked.

Dean shook his head. "You really don't want me to answer that question."

Christian shrugged. "Well, I'm curious. Who exactly do you think we are?"

"Hunters," I said.

"Funny..." Christian scoffed. "Here I've been thinking we're family."

"Hey, let's not get worked up," Sam said.