20 Mommy Dearest: Part 3

We parked in front of Ervin's Diner, where we had eaten the first time we came into town.

"You gotta be kidding me. She's been in there the whole time?" Dean asked, his eyes fixed on the diner.

"Why'd she ever let us in? Or out?" Sam asked.

Dean shrugged. "Well, there's one way to find out."

"We can't just walk in," Nate said.

"Why not?" Dean asked.

"We don't know who's human or who's her," Bobby said.

Dean nodded, acknowledging the risk. "Well, there's one way to draw her out. We split up, me and Sam and–"

"Me," I interjected.

Dean nodded. "Okay, and Maddi will go in."

Bobby sighed. "Dean."

"Look. If we don't get a shot off, you three better," Dean said.

"That's the plan?" Bobby asked.

Dean nodded. "Yeah. Pretty much."

Bobby sighed. "Well, at least it ain't complicated."

Then, the three of us walked into the diner, trying to appear casual. Several other people were there, and it seemed pretty normal, so we took seats at the bar.

"Now what?" Dean asked, glancing around.

Sam pulled out his phone and discreetly turned on the camera toward the people in the restaurant. "Crap. Crap, crap."

"Starships?" Dean asked, recognizing the danger.

Sam nodded. "Yeah."

"Is there anybody in this diner that is not a flesh-eating monster?" Dean muttered in frustration as Sam continued scanning his camera across the room.

"Uh, us," Sam replied, trying to keep his voice low.

Dean nodded. "Okay, well, let's get the hell out of here."

"Shall we?" Sam asked, indicating that we should leave.

We moved to get up, but a waitress approached and placed plates of food in front of us.

"Three specials, right?" She smiled innocently.

Sam shook his head. "Uh, no, that's not for us. We were just headed out."

"Now, that would be rude, Sam." The waitress smiled.

"Let me guess. Eve," Sam said, keeping his composure.

"Pleasure." She smiled, her eyes locking with ours.

"Why don't we step outside? Chat?" Dean asked, trying to buy us some time.

Eve furrowed her brow. "Why? This is private."

The starships stood up and closed the blinds, isolating us from the outside world. One of them swiped Dean's bag and handed it to Eve. She unzipped the bag and pulled out one of the guns.

She gave us a knowing look and then smelled the gun. "Phoenix ash. I'm impressed. I bet you had to go a long way for that."

Dean chuckled slightly. "You have no idea."

"Destroy these. Thank you," Eve commanded, and a starship took the bag away. She turned her attention back to us. "Relax. I'm not here to fight."

"No?" Dean asked, skeptical. "Just to rally every freak on the planet, bring in Khan worms and half-assed spider-men and dragons. Really, sister? Dragons?"