2 Exile on Main St.: Part 3

When we made it home, we parked the car and noticed Samuel's guy was dead in his car, and our front door was wide open. We immediately ran into the house, calling out for Ben and Lisa.

I searched upstairs while Dean looked downstairs, but I came back down when there was no sign of them.

"Where the hell have you been?" Dean asked, relieved, pulling Lisa into a hug when I entered the room.

"We— We were at the movies. You knew that," Lisa said and tried to pull away, but he held tightly to her. "Dean, ow."

Dean finally let her go.

"What happened?" Ben asked, confused.

"Go upstairs and pack a bag," Dean instructed.

Lisa shook her head. "Where are we going?"

"I'm taking us to a friend's house. Go. It's okay," Dean instructed Ben, "Go on up. I'll be there in a sec."

"What the hell?" Lisa asked.

"Um..." Ben said, and we all looked over to see Sam standing in the doorway.

"Oh, my god," Lisa said in shock.

Dean nodded. "Lisa, Ben, I don't know if you remember—"

"Sam..." Lisa said in awe.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We pulled up to Bobby's house and parked the car. When we reached the front door, Dean knocked.

Bobby opened the door a moment later but looked disappointed to see us. "Damn it."

"It's good to see you, too, Bobby. It's been a while." Dean smiled.

Bobby shook his head. "If you're here, something's wrong."

"Okay, hi, Bobby," I said, moving past him into the house and running down the hall to Nate's room.

As I ran in, Nate looked up from his computer at his desk to see what was happening, and then he immediately lit up.

"D?" He stood up and met me at the door. "What are you—"

I pulled him in and kissed him.

He laughed and pulled away. "What are you doing here?" He smiled. "I'm so happy to see you."

I smiled brightly. "Sam's back."

The color drained from his face. "What?"

"I know. It doesn't make any sense, but he's back." I smiled happily and hugged him.

"You knew?! You knew Sam was alive?!" Dean yelled from the other room.

My heart sank, and rage built inside me, and I backed away from Nate.

"Maddi..." Nate said nervously, "Just hear me out."

"If Bobby knew Sam was alive. There's no way you didn't." I glared at him.

"Please, just listen to me," Nate said.

"All this time, knowing how badly I just wanted to know if he was okay, and you didn't tell me?!" I shouted, "How could you do that?!"

I turned and stormed out of his room and into the living room, where Sam, Dean, and Bobby sat.

"Maddi... please." Nate grabbed my arm.

I ripped my arm out of his hand. "Don't touch me!" I shouted and punched him. "You lied to me!" I yelled as he grabbed the left side of his face.

Dean grabbed me from behind and forced me to sit in a chair next to him. "Sit down." Then, he turned to Nate. "Wish I could say you didn't deserve that, kid."