18 My Heart Will Go On: Part 2

We quickly got a summoning spell together to summon Balthazar. Once everything was ready, Dean lit a match and dropped it into the spell bowl. The lights flickered, and then Balthazar appeared in front of us.

"Whatever can I do for you?" He smiled at us.

"We need to talk," Dean said.

Balthazar frowned. "Oh, you seem upset, Dean."

"The hell with the boat, Balthazar?" Dean asked.

Balthazar furrowed his brow. "What boat?"

"The Titanic," Sam said.

Balthazar nodded. "Oh. The Titanic. Yes, well, uh, it was meant to sink, and I saved it."

"What?" I asked. "Why?"

"Well, it was meant to bash into this iceberg thing and plunge into the briny deep with all this hoopla, and I saved it." Balthazar shrugged. "Anything else I can answer for you?"

Sam furrowed his brow. "Why?"

"Why what?" Balthazar asked.

"Why did you un-sink the ship?" Dean asked.

"Oh, because I hated the movie," Balthazar said and shrugged it off.

I shook my head. "What movie?"

Balthazar laughed. "Exactly."

Sam furrowed his brow. "Wait, so you saved a cruise liner because...?"

"Because that god-awful Celine Dion song made me want to smite myself," Balthazar said.

"Who's Celine Dion?" Sam asked.

"Oh, she's a destitute lounge singer somewhere in Quebec, and let's keep it that way, please," Balthazar said.

"Okay, I didn't think that was possible. I thought you couldn't change history," Sam said.

Balthazar shrugged. "Oh, haven't you noticed? There's no more rules."

Sam scoffed. "Wow. The nerve on you. So, you just... what, un-sunk a giant boat?"

"Oh, come on." Balthazar shook his head. "I saved people. I thought you loved that kind of thing."

"Yeah, but now any descendants of the people who were supposed to die on that ship are dying now, horrifically," I said.

"You changed so much crap. You totally butterfly-affected history!" Sam yelled.

Dean shook his head. "Dude. Dude. Rule one: no Kutcher references."

Balthazar nodded. "Ah, yes. Unfortunately, there's still an Ashton Kutcher. And you still averted the apocalypse, and there are still archangels. It's just the small details that are different, like you don't drive an Impala." We all gave him a confused look, and he nodded. "Yes, yes. 'What's an Impala?'" He shook his head. "Trust me, it's not important. And, of course, Ellen and Jo are alive." He walked over to the counter and poured himself a glass of whiskey.

"Ellen and Jo? What?" Dean asked.

Balthazar nodded. "Yes, they're supposed to be dead. You see, I save a boat. One thing leads to another, which leads to another thousand things, and yadda, yadda, yadda." He waved his hands. "To cut a long story short, they don't die in a massive explosion." He took a swig of his whiskey. "Mmm. Anyway, let's agree I did a good thing. One less Billy Zane movie and I saved two of your closest friends."

"But what about the descendants of the survivors?" Sam asked.

Balthazar shrugged. "What about them?"

"They're dying, and that's maybe like 50,000 people," Sam said.