Double Trouble 2- Part 50

*Ashley's P.O.V*

I sat down on a chair next to Mr Twiller. He was fast asleep. I looked at my phone to check the time. It was 12:37pm and Sarah has still not come back. I've rung her like a million times because she didn't come home last night. I am starting to get really worried about her. I don't know if what happened the night before was all too fast for her. Maybe she didn't want to see me again after what happened. I had butterflies in my stomach as I fidgeted about with my phone and rung her again. Still, no answer. I heard a moan coming from Sarah's dad. He was awake.

He whispered, 'Water.' He said. 'Water, please!'

I quickly got up from my seat and walked to a table. I poured water into a small glass and passed it to him. He sipped on his water before passing it back to me. There was an awkward silence as he stared at the cieling. I wanted to say something but no words came out from my mouth.

'Is Sarah here?' He asked.

I shook my head. I tried to speak again, 'Mr Twiller.' I gulped, 'I just want to say that I'm very so-'

'It's fine, Kiddo. Grace has explained me everything.'

I sighed in relief. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I sat back down on the chair and looked at the time again. It was now 12:46pm and Sarah was still no where to be seen.

'Ashley?' Mr Twiller asked.

'Yes, Mr Twiller?'

'Please, just call me Dad.' He smiled.

'Dad?' I smiled at him.

'Will you answer my question truthfully?' He asked.

'Sure. What is it?' I raised my eyebrow.

'Do you love Sarah?'

There was a long moment of silence before I nodded my head. I said, 'I love her with all my heart!'

'Then what is the point of you guys divorcing when I die?'

'Mr Twiller I-'

'Dad!' He corrected me.

'Dad.' I smiled, 'Sarah doesn't love me. She loves Ian and she wishes to spend the rest of her life with him.'

'How do you know that?'

'She always tells me.'

'Don't let her end up with Ian. Please.. I don't want my daughter getting hurt again. I like you for my daughter. I can tell you love her very much.'

I smiled at him.

'Promise me, you'll fight for her. Promise me you'll end up together.' He coughed.

'I promise, Dad.'