Double Trouble 2- Part 29

*Ding Dong* *Ding Dong*

I slowly stood up from the sofa and walked to the door still in my pyjamas. I opened the door and there stood my dad and Grace with their suitcases from America. I couldn't believe it!

'Dad!! Grace!!' I exclaimed.

They both gave me a hug and they walked in.

'I hope you don't mind, Sarah? Is it ok if we stay here for a few weeks, just for a holiday?' Grace asked.

'Of course its fine! It's only me and Ashley living here and theres an extra bedroom. I'll sleep in the living room.' I smiled.

We all walked in to the kitchen and I prepared them coffee.

'So, Sarah.. Honey, When are you and your fiance getting married?' Dad eagerly asked.

'Erm.. wh..what?' I laughed.

Grace grabbed my arm and she led me to the living room.

'One sec, Dad!' She shouted.

We talked in the living room.

'Sarah.. Sarah.. I.. I..' She stuttered.

I knew something was wrong.

'What the fuck is wrong, Grace?!' I shouted.

'Sshhhsssh!!' She snapped. 'I.... I told Dad that you're getting married...'

'WHAT?!?' I exclaimed. 'Why?!'

'I don't know how I'm going to tell you this..' She frowned. I raised an eyebrow. 'It's Dad.'

'What about Dad?' I exclaimed.

There was a long silence, she took a deep breath and said, 'He's got cancer.' I was so shocked! I felt tears pour down to my cheek.

'This isn't funny, Grace!' I shouted.

'Shsshhh!' She snapped. 'I'm not joking!' She whispered with tears running down her face.

I could still hear 'He's got cancer.' ringing in my ears. I couldn't believe it!

'Why the hell did you not tell me before?!' I snapped.

'Dad, doesn't want you to know. He wants you to be happy and not think about him. Please... just promise me you won't tell him I told you.'

I didn't reply. 'Why the hell did you say I'm getting married?!' I exclaimed.

'When he found out that he has cancer and that he won't get better, he became really depressed... I had to do something! I found out that the only way to make him happy was that if you get married to Ashley. He really likes him for you... Then I told him that you guys are getting married, he became so happy and excited. We came here as soon as possible...'

There was a long silence. I couldn't take everything in. I sat on the sofa.

'I'm so sorry, Sarah! But I just want Dad to be happy in his last few months or even weeks.' She sat down next to me.

'I know.. I understand..' I whispered. 'Have you told Ashley?!' I asked.

She nodded her head. 'He said it's fine. It's all up to you!' She said. 'Please think of Dad... And anyway, you two could always get divorced after... yo..you know...' She walked off.

I don't know if I am willing to lie to my own father but if he really wants me to be with him so I could make him happy, I'd do everything....