Chapter Thirty-Four

Quick Note: The picture on the right is from bottom to top, part of Sausalito and the Golden Gate Bridge, the center picture is the San Francisco Panhandle (the skinnier grassy bushes and the streets on either side of them the thicker part is the golden gate park). The freeway from the golden gate bridge goes all the way through the golden gate park to the panhandle and to the freeway leading to the bay bridge which is the top photo to get to the east bay, at least one way to get there. I've driven it hundreds of times when I lived and worked in San Francisco long time ago. The other side photos is part of the themes I pictured for decor etc and colors for Evan and Kyle's Counseling building. Hope you enjoy this chapter and I better hear from you all I know I will from some of you hehehe and a long one I believe enjoy!! =D

 *

*

“Relax Sonja, I’m sure everything will be fine,” Evan chuckled patting my knee as he drove my car through the city.

“You don’t know my mother and as silly as this sounds, I haven’t brought a boy home since Jerry. She’s going to flock to you like a vulture,” I fidgeted with my hands as we drove.

My parents lived in the Easy Bay. I already informed my mother that I am bringing a guest for Thanksgiving, just didn’t tell her who he is to me.

“I won’t mind and I know not to mention I was your therapist even temporarily.”

“Oh god, I forgot, yes don’t she’ll either get all judgy or even worse more nosy than she already is,” I covered my face with my hands. I almost regret inviting Evan since its making me so nervous, only because my mom did get super excited when I told her about a guest. My mom is…eccentric.

“Sonja,” I turned to look at him when he said my name in that tone. “It will be okay,” he spoke confidently. I nodded, still skeptical.

Evan continued driving and squeezed my knee. We were in my car though he drove. I felt it would be better with my mom’s crazy wondering who it would be if we pulled up in his sleek Cadillac. I wasn’t driving my own car because Evan decided that I am too nervous to concentrate on the task. He let me pout about that, but turns out he ended up being right.

As the San Francisco panhandle flew by on our way to the bay bridge, I tried to distract my thoughts. Most of the week I spent working on designing a theme for Kyle and Evan’s counseling offices.

There were two other women that Kyle and Mike their contractor, recommended who I am working with on the project. We managed to create a palate that everyone was pleased with. Next week I would be shopping with Vera for the furnishings.

Vera is a younger woman who had skin that looked as creamy and rich as the chocolate it resembled, with big deep dark eyes that sparkled when she smiled. She is very pleasant and quite humorous, a fun person to work with. I noticed she had a keen eye for matching the physical furniture to our color palate. The catalogs we took ideas from showed that about her.

Jennifer would be working with Mike on the paint design on the inside of the building and its offices. Jennifer struck me as more of a tomboy type that just enjoyed painting and putting together the whole thing on a large scale. I guess she has worked with Mike before and they spent most their time together talking about the construction.

Soon we would be putting it all together when we finished with all the setup. By the time they would be getting it ready to arrange it all in the building from our concept designs, I would be back to work. I would only be able to help on the weekends, but I would be getting lots of good images for the website and that’s what I would be finishing up and what I was here for anyway.