Part 9

It started at exactly 7:13. The exact minute of my birth 18 years ago. There was this itchy feeling on my shoulder blade. Of course I thought nothing of it at first, but within a few seconds the itching was replaced by a burning sensation. It felt like a bug had bitten me. We were all watching a movie that I picked of course, in the living room when this started. So I stood up and ask Zanne to come and help me to find the little bugger that had actually had the nerve to bite me. On the way to our room the burning had increased. It felt like a thousand needles pressing into my skin. We weren't even properly in the room yet before my shirt was off.

"Zanne, can you see the bug? I think I might be allergic. It really hurts." I moan trying to feel what's going on on my back.

"There is something Rey but it doesn't look like any allergic reaction I've ever seen." Zanne replied touching the place where the burning was.

I let out a ear piercing scream as the cold of her fingers on my back made the burning increase, but Zanne had put her hand over my mouth. I wanted to bite her but I didn't have the energy. The needle pricks now felt like it was under my skin. Like acid burning all the way through to my bones. I felt the burning spread through my arms and down to just under my navel. I fell to my knees. My energy starting to leave me. I try to stand but as soon as I try to move the burning intensifies. I want to scream but even screaming feels like it takes too much power. The pain was excruciating.

Then suddenly it stopped. There was no burning, pain or itchiness. I fell on the floor. I was just lying there with tears still running down my cheeks, trying to catch my breath as sobs still rock my body. Zanne was there, immediately helping me up and dragging me over to the bed. Weary not to touch the place where the burning originated.

It felt like my upper body was run over by a truck. Zanne carefully placed me on the bed and left the room. I felt the cold blankets caressing the skin that felt like it was burning a couple of seconds ago. Zanne re-entered the room, it looked like she went to get me something to drink. She lifts my upper body and helps me sit up. I take the plastic cup from her and take a big gulp from the golden liquid in the cup, almost spitting it back up. It tasted like brandy. After a few minutes I began to feel better and gave her a smile to show her that I'm okay. I laid there for at least half an hour before I could speak.

"I need to get to the hospital. Something is seriously wrong with me." I said, my voice still a little hoarse, starting to get up.

"No wait! You don't understand. "She says pressing me down. " I don't think that something is wrong with you."

"What do you mean nothing is wrong with me? It felt like my upper body was being burned from the inside out with acid! Of course something is wrong with me!" I reply outraged. Did she think I faked that whole event? "Is that why you put your hand over my mouth?"

"|That's not what I meant Rey. If something is wrong with you it's definitely not natural" She says standing up to get her phone. "Can I have a look at your back again then I'll show you why I didn't want my parents to come in here." She asks phone in hand.

Unsure of what to think I stand up from the bed and turn around, exposing my back to her. I hear a loud gasp

"What? What is it Zanne?" I reply now scared out of my mind. What did she mean it's not natural?

I hear a photo being taken and she silently hands me the phone. I cautiously take it, like the phone could cause me harm. I take a deep breath, count to 5 and then turn the phone around so I could look at the photo that she took. And...

"It's beautiful" I whisper. On my back was what looked like a tattoo of a pair of angel wings surrounding what looks to be a ring of some sort. I jump up and throw the phone on the bed running to the bathroom to look at the mirror.