ariana 23: face-to-face

wow

i just love to watch them talk.

i couldn't see their faces cos they're facing the other side but who cares? they're still having the talk—having a reunion.

"better behave, boy." i mutter to myself as i gritt on my teeth.

after some 5 minutes talk, hailey stood up and left, wiping her cheeks in the process.

that made me slow down. she cried, didn't she?

that got justin following his eyes on her and he looked sorry. he bit his lower lip and suddenly his eyes were on me.

i didn't have to say anything before he stood up and sat beside me.

i made 30 seconds pass before i spoke up. "so, did you enjoy your beer?"

he wasn't talking. but he was just looking at me. his eyes were like searching for something on my face. it made me feel so insecure. so i snapped my finger and then he was back on earth.

"what? i-uh—am sorry. what were you saying? again?"

that got the fire alarm switch in my head. i honestly don't know what's wrong with me but i am so not in the mood to talk to him for like a split second.

i know i shouldn't be mad at him but i don't know what i'm feeling right now. so i got my glass on me, stood up and finished the drink straight up, feeling the tingling sensation in my stomach.

"hey, where are you going?"

i finised my glass and put it back on the table.

"i'm leaving."

"wha—" but i cut him off by walking away. then i added just enough for him to hear,

"don't follow me."

and he didn't.

i pushed open the door and walked like a model in a runway.

i got to the parking lot when i heard my name on the side.

"ariana?"

that made me stop in a halt. and what i saw surprised me.

"hi—hailey!"

she was leaning on the wall, and then she approached towards me. "you look surprised, hah?"

"i—" i prolonged that, "just didn't expect seeing you."

she looks like she just cried a lot cos her eyes were bulging and red. not the ugly looking cos she still pulled it off. hands down to her, she really looks pretty in person.

"so, um... having a great night?" i asked.

"yeah, yeah.." and her question made me think that she can't hold it anymore. "so, um, i saw you with justin earlier."

"oh... well i—"

"i thought he was gonna follow me, so i looked back to check on him." she chuckled. "but no... he was there with you. and i saw how he looked at you."

i don't have the right to say anything. as much as i wanted to say no, i couldn't lie. she saw it. she saw everything.

"you're the girl, hah?" she tried to smile but broke into a few tears. and i felt sorry for her. i was just holding it back, but i wanted to hug her. "i know that i don't have the right to say this anymore but, i just hope that you take good care of him."