Justin 15: Hailey

"Nice Justin." Wes gave me a thumbs up after I finished recording my song.

I gave him a smile and went to the couch to rest.

"You're unbelievable." Wes laughed and punched Skrillex's arms playfully. "How can he do it in just one take perfectly?"

I didn't even notice that it was just a one take. I chuckled and sighed to myself.

"You wanna hear it, JB?" Skrillex turned his chair to face me. His fingers were all ready to tap the play button.

I wanted to hear if I felt the song, so I nodded. He energetically played the raw file and we listened to it.

♪ i need you the most...

I gave you the key when the door wasn't open, just admit it

See I gave you faith turned your doubt in to hoping, can't deny it

Now I'm all alone and my joys turned to moping

Tell me here, where are you now that I need you? ♪

I smirked. I closed my eyes to feel the song and remembered that earlier, in the recording room, I also felt this need. The craving. The want. The pain.

♪ Where are you now that I need ya?

Couldn't find you anywhere ♪

I leaned forward, rested my arms on my thighs. I slowly opened my eyes and looked down at the ground.

♪ When you broke down I didn't leave you, I was by your side

So where are you now that I need ya?

Where are you now that I need ya? ♪

There was a long pause. Not very much but I made sure to leave quite a space since they'll be mixing a few sounds in the middle.

♪ Where are you now that I need ya?

Where are you now that I need ya? (now, oh)

Where are you now that I need ya? ♪

Another long silence.

♪ Where are you now that I need ya?

I gave you attention when nobody else was payin' (hm),

I gave you the shirt off my back what you sayin', to keep you warm ♪

I smirked.

♪ I showed you the game everybody else was playin', that's for sure

And I was on my knees when nobody else was prayin', oh Lord ♪

I slowly bobbed my head to the song as I bit my lower lip.

♪ Where are you now that I need ya?

Where are you now that I need ya?

Where are you now that I need ya? ♪

I used the tips of my fingers and placed my forehead on it.

♪ I need you the most ♪

"It's already amazing. We haven't done anything yet." Wes talked to Skrillex. He looks really surprised and amazed.

"Too much compliments." I muttered in a whisper. But they still heard it.

"You really are a something. I wonder why other people don't see that." Wes uttered, and it hit me.

Maybe, if she knew me first, if we met first before Sean, if we kissed first before Sean, if I had her first before Sean, then where would I be right now? Maybe I wouldn't be writing this song. Is that a good thing?