ariana 14: my world

i just finished my concert.

in the crowd, i can see posters that says:

+ mom, where's dad?
+ mrs. bieber ftw
+ i'm in a ship called jariana

scooter strictly told me to ignore it but as i was singing on stage, i was really bothered by all these.

as i was singing my song best mistake, i can't stop thinking of both sean and justin.

in the rehearsals, i would be singing sean's parts. but when it was already his part in the concert, i looked stupid avoiding stares from people. frankie was mouthing for me to sing but i just waved at fans for me to look real.

"are you okay baby sis?" frankie asked when i got to the backstage.

it was the vibe of partying. but i was not in the mood to. when my mother saw me, she quickly grabbed me away from the people. we went to an isolated place.

"ariana. did something happen between you and justin?"

i looked up at mom when i heard her ask this. i expected for her to do so about this matter but hearing it coming from her for real makes me feel like a little baby. i wanted to hug her. when she saw my face, she scooted closer and caressed my cheeks.

"it's okay baby. tell me." more tears fell down. i gave her a tight hug. i just couldn't take it any more.

"i'm scared." my voice echoed in my ears.

"scared of what, my love?"

i squeezed shut my eyes. i missed my mom's hug. nothing beats the love of mothers. "sean. what would he say?" and i felt my body shaking. scooter told me that sean would be going here to talk with me. i messaged sean last night but he did not reply.

i know that he won't reply but i wanted for him to tell me something at least. what would i expect when he comes here? would he be talking to me like the normal us? well, duh... of course he won't but it can't stop popping in my mind. or would it be different this time? my mom soothed the skin on my arm. "ariana. i can't lie to you. what you did to him, it really hurts. seeing the love of your life hugging someone else? it would be so painful."

and i know it's true.

mom unwrapped her arms from me and used her fingers to pull my chin up. "may i ask you something?" i nodded slowly. "do you love him?"

that question stabbed me. even if it wasn't literally, i was hurt. my heart bled. i cried. louder. i felt like a little cat in the arms of my mother. and as i didn't answer her question, she pulled me again to her side. she totally knew my answer.

"you still like that boy." she chuckled and caressed my arm again. "even when you were not yet here in this industry, you already liked justin." her heavy sigh made me glance at her. "actually, i never imagined you in this stage. but i want you to be happy so i supported you. and you were successful. not only your career was colorful but also your love life."

i sniffed.

"you dated a lot from this world of music and acting. more boys came in your life. that's because you're such a beautiful girl." that made me chuckle. "you survived a lot of relationships and i think this is no difference."

that made me bite my upper lip.

"justin is a gentleman, ariana and i know i'm not involved in this but i just wanted to remind you that sean is the legal relationship in here. well you'll definitely hurt somebody. but...

"hurt the person you think would best live without you. and you can be friends you know.. with any one of them."

it actually was hard to accept. because yes... even if i don't want anyone to get hurt, i don't have a choice.