ariana 20: small talks

i bit my nails as i waited for him to come.

it was so bad, i felt so paranoid. the clock's tick-tocking made me wanna rip my hair off my head.

"seriously, where are you?"

i gritted my teeth. i wanted to jump off a cliff. i'm just exaggerating of course but it felt nice right now.

before i could do it, i heard the doorbell and i automatically stood up, thanking God in the process.

i opened the door. "oh my gosh! where did you come from and you took so long?"

i wrapped my arms around my brother and inhaled his fruit scent.

"geez, baby girl. what's with the hurry?"

"nothing. let's leave?" i grabbed my pouch and was ready to go.

"i haven't even breathed! can you please calm down. we're just gonna have some small talks."

that even made me feel so insecure. "oh my gosh, you're right." i gasped and caught my breath.

frankie touched my shoulders and pushed them downwards, making me sit on my bed side. "take it easy baby sis."

i closed my eyes shut and sighed.

"you know we can talk about it right now – "

"no, we can't! i'm better off with a strawberry milk shake right now." i cut off, surprising him.

"with a milk shake?"

"yes.." i bit my finger nails. "is it kinda childish?"

he didn't speak for a moment. "what is this about and you're going crazy?"

"uh, nothing?"

i have a feeling that he already has an idea about my problem. then a slow nod explains it all. "what did you do?"

"with whom?" and i was surprised that i asked that.

"i wasn't talking about anyone but that confirmed my thoughts." he said it in a mere whisper.

i gasped and covered my mouth with my hands.

"alright, this is serious 911. let's get going." he pulled me and we went out to go to somewhere.

x

we picked the vip room in a coffee shop. that made me chill. ever since we got here, a lot of people started mobbing me and i wasn't ready.

i placed my pouch on the table and jumped on the bouncy chair. i removed my heels and sat in an indian style.

frankie closed the door and he too sat on the chair in front of mine.

"so, what's this all about?"

i couldn't take the thick air anymore. i bursted saying, "i flirted with him!"

frankie laughed. "ari, you just flirted."

before i could say anything stupid, the waiter entered with our drinks. i had my strawberry milk shake and frankie got his oreo vanilla.

too excited to tell him everything, when the waiter left, i continued my story.

"we held hands. is that weird?" i bit my fingernails dramatically.

before speaking, frankie got his shake and sipped from it. after drinking, he got a tissue and started patting his lips.

"um, so what do you say?" i nervously asked again. "oh my gosh, i don't know what to do."