ariana 17: preparation

"he was... here?" my voice said it all. my brows were raised upward.

"n'aw. don't tell me..." frankie started but before he could finish, i gave him the 'you-know-what' look. "yes. he was here." frankie called over for the control head. "you said justin was looking for her?"

i wanted to smile but i know i must not. can you believe it?! he was here. in this same stadium. and he was looking... for me. but why? why was he looking for me? why me?

the boy looked at me and smiled. i wasn't ready to hear whatever he's about to say. "it's cos he heard your voice. since i was playing your acoustic version of almost is never enough. i thought he was late so i played some music and yeah, he came running."

i shouldn't smile. but it's not bad to be fluttered, right? "oh..." it escaped my lips. "okay." that's right.

"for real? ariana?" frankie startled me. "that's all we get? that's all we see?!"

i shook my head and leaned forward to whisper, "let's begin." i ignored him and waited for us to start. but that didn't stop him from teasing me.

frankie shook his head. "whatever," he muttered and added, "if you want me to tell you how fake you are right now, just approach me." frankie smiled and went in the backstage to get some stuff. i was a little bit astonished of what he said but i ignored it.

i bit my lower lip and just got my microphone. "alright."

'focus, ari. focus.' i whispered to myself

i looked at the boy who was responsible for playing the song. he gave me a thumbs-up and i stood there with great posture.

i looked at frankie and he smiled at me while doing a thumbs up. i chuckled at him and started to sing my song.

x

"ariana! wake up, dear."

i opened my eyes slowly, seeing my nonna on top of me.

"nonna, what — why are you here? in my room?" i asked her, creating circles on my eyes and grabbing a pillow on my side.

"stand up honey."

i looked at my clock and felt bad because it was still 6:30 in the morning. "awards night won't start at 12." i covered my face with the sheets.

but then, she pulled them away. "stop being a little baby and chop chop, young lady." she scolded.

i felt arms hold me tight. my eyes insantly open wide. "where are we going?"

nonna didn't say a word but just got me on my feet and lead me somewhere.

we got on the elevator. she clicked on number 45 on the levels.

i didn't say anything or either complain. when the elevator stopped, it suddenly opened and the whole floor was ours. it was an open space. frankie was there, in his pajamas. and my styling team.

"what's this?"

"louisse." my nonna called for my make up artist. louisse came rushing, pulling her tools with her.

"take a shower." louisse ordered me and i was surprised. she never ordered me like this.. ever.

"wha – "