Chapter 40

We're home.

Joe and I got into the house about ten minutes ago, and already Joe is on the phone to Pizza Face, ordering us both two large pizzas and fries.

My mouth is literally watering as I take the cases upstairs and heave them onto the bed.

All the laundry that awaits me is not a nice thought.

As soon as we walked in the front door, our holidays and relaxation time was over.

I gather the worn clothes into a basket and go back downstairs again, into the kitchen where the washing machine is patiently waiting.

"There's really no point in me unpacking at all, is there? I mean, I'm going to America in two days." Joe says, sitting on the countertop beside me.

"Yes there is!" I huff, standing up straight and brushing the hair away from my face. "You can't go with dirty clothes, I'll have to wash them."

"What's with women and all this cleaning!" Joe asks to no-one in particular, throwing his hands in the air and retreating upstairs.

Men.

"I'll do this tomorrow." I tell myself, placing my hands on my hips and sighing.

I decide to text Zoe and ask if they got home okay.

Cate: Hey Zo, we're back to reality now. Blah. Was the drive home okay? I'm so tired rn. xx

I don't even know if that made sense or not.

It doesn't matter, I think I'll just go to bed.

I go into the bedroom and all the suitcases that I had left on the bed are now all thrown on the ground, clothes everywhere.

Joe is snoring lightly, snuggled into the blankets like a baby.

I change into pyjamas and crawl in beside him.

The next morning

I wake up with Joe beside me, typing rapidly on his phone.

"Morning." I say groggily, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Mmm." Is the reply.

I'm not surprised.

I turn on my own phone that's beside on the bedside table, and while I wait, I decide to confront Joe.

"What's up with you lately? You seem so distant."

"Nothing is wrong with me." Joe says.

"So you're saying I'm being weird?" I reply defensively, sitting up now.

"Well, I don't know what's up with you either! You are always on my case, 24/7! I'm fucking sick of it, Cate! Can you just leave for a while, please, while I clear my head."

He's kicking me out.

What the fuck.

"Yes! Yes, I'll leave! I might not come back if you're lucky, you dick!" I scream in his face as I throw things into my case and zip it closed.

I'm still in my pyjamas, so I change in the bathroom to what I was wearing yesterday.

Where am I going to go?

Zoe and Alfie's house is too far.

I need someone in London.

I can't go to Caspar, he's Joe's best friend.

I know.

I run outside, making sure to slam every door on my way, expressing my anger.

I manage to hail a taxi and tell him the address I need.

We arrive and I press the intercom, asking to come up.

"Yeah sure!" Comes the voice. "What's wrong? You seem upset?"

"Can I tell you when I actually get inside?" I say.

I was quite blunt there, but I'm so angry.

I reach the floor I need, then knock three times roughly on the door.

Marcus answers, in a t-shirt and boxers.

I fall into him, abandoning my suitcase in the corridor and let out a loud sob.

I've come to Marcus because we got on perfectly the first we met, he just understands me.

"What's up, Cate?" He asks, bringing my suitcase and I into the lounge and sitting me down on the sofa.

"It's Joe." I wail. "I feel like he doesn't love me anymore. I've finished everything with him." I wail, head in my hands.

Marcus, being a boy, won't have a clue what to say to this.

I was right.

"Uh, well, I'm sorry things didn't work out between you two. You're welcome to stay here for as long as you need." Marcus sits, rigid like cardboard.

I feel so shitty at the moment and don't know what to feel.

Hi.
So yes, that happened.
I'm ending this fanfic in the next chapter because, if I'm quite honest, I'm bored with it.
The storyline isn't progressing anywhere and I've been putting off writing it.
I don't enjoy writing anymore, it's become more of a job than a hobby.
But this isn't the last you'll be hearing of me!
I've wrote another fanfic and it's first chapter is already up!
It's called:

I'm in love with a Vlogger- A Marcus Butler FanFiction

I'd love if you'd give it a chance and go read, vote and share it.
Sorry,
cb_sugg xx