Chapter 2

I went to bed pretty late last night. I can vaguely remember bits of the club. But what stays in my mind so vividly is the boy I met. Joe.
How he walked me back to my apartment and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek that would make anyone's stomach do somersaults. Sigh.
I'm lying in bed now, playing some addictive game that pisses me off but I still play anyway, and a text message pops up. It's from Joe.

Joe: Hey Cate! I'm still in Dublin if you want to grab some lunch? Meet me outside Phoenix Park around 12:30 if your up for it, or your head still hurting after last night😂😉. Joe x

He sent a kiss after his name. He sent a kiss. Butterflies are flying around inside me, eating away at my insides like tiny animals. Which I suppose they are, but now I'm heading off topic. I need to reply.

Cate: Hey Joe! Thanks for last night, for everything. I was in a right state😂. It was great to meet you. I'd love to see you again, I'll catch ya soon, Cate x

Should I send a kiss too? I mean, it's just a harmless 'x', what damage could it possibly do? Yeah I'll do it.
I send the text and check the time. It's 10:45. I better get up.
Jumping out of bed and pulling across my shield from reality that is my curtain, I check to see what kind of day it is. Typical Irish weather. Clouds blocking out the sun and the trees are swishing around in unison with the blows of the nipping wind.
It's the end of April and the weather is so... autumny.
I best get a shower. My hair looks... ew.
After my shower, I'm standing in only a towel, all my good clothes(which are not good!) are sprawled out on the bed. I have no clothes! Wow, I really should have accepted that shopping trip with Mel and the girls the other weekend. But then again, there was always those whole two seasons of Gossip Girl to sit and binge-watch all day.
I've decided on my black t-shirt, black jeans, grey hoodie and white converse today. You can't go wrong really. I'm truly expressing myself.
Now to sort my mop of hair out. I'm just gonna tie it back in a messy ponytail and throw on my red bandana.
Subtle make-up. Nothing crazy.
Foundation, neutral eye-shadow, deep purple lips, and after many, many attempts, the little cat flick on the eye. It's now 12:00. I should probably get on a bus or I'm goimg to be late.

I'm on the bus. There's nowhere to sit. I'm stuck standing. Great.
The child that's sitting on the seat next to me just picked his nose and ate it. Maybe I should've called a taxi. Yup.
I get off at Phoenix Park and see Joe waiting there. He dressed the exact same as me. Grey hoodie, black t-shirt, black jeans and white converse.
He walks over and greets me by giving me a great big hug, like we've known each other for years.
"Nice outfit!" He laughs at our matching clothes and releases from the hug. I feel like saying; "Nice face!" But I won't go there.
"Haha! I suppose great minds do think alike then!" I respond, smiling my biggest smile.
"That they do. Shall we be going then, m'lady?" Joe says in a mock-posh voice, taking my hand and bowing.
He's very romantic at times.
Shut up! This isn't a date. Just a friendly day out.
"We shall!" I say, sticking my nose up and putting on an even posher voice.

I've had the best time so far.
Joe and I went for lunch at such a cool place that I've never seen before, but will definetley be returnimg to, and now we're on our way to Dublin Zoo. The last time I've been there was when I was a child. Nostalgic.
We get our tickets amd start wanderimg around, stopping at each enclosure to admire the beautiful animals that are inside. Giraffes, lions, zebras and monkeys.
Every time we see a monkey, Joe pulls and face and pretends to be a gorilla, grunting and making monkey noises, which makes me laugh so hard that I snort. How attractive.
But Joe just goes into a fit of laughter and has to sit down on a nearby bench to restore himself.
I sit down beside him and we just look at the hairy primates that are feeding each other fruit and climbing and swinging. I can feel Joe's gaze on me. It's not like a creepy pervert gaze but like a warm, welcoming gaze. I'm afraid to return it incase I ruin the moment but no, he still has his eyes locked on me. We stay like this for a while, the occasional snigger escaping from our lips, but Joe eventually blinks.
"I won." I announce, smirking and pretend-punch him in the shoulder.
"I didn't realise this was a competition!" Joe replies, getting up and walking behind a large bush, where he vanishes from sight.
I get up too and follow his steps, prepared for a jump scare, but no-one's there.
I scream as I feel hands around my waist and then I'm pulled into the bush.
"Shush! We'll get into trouble with the monkeys. They told me I could borrow this bush, as long as we stay quite." It's Joe. Thank goodness.
I just laugh and say; "Of course you understand monkey language, you are a bloody monkey!"
I try and push him down but Joe is stronger. He pushes me harder and I fall on my bum. Classy. I grab Joe's hand as I fall and drag him down with me.
Now we're just a heap of laughter in a bush. Nice.
"How are we going to get out without anyone noticing?" I ask after a while.
"I mean, it might look a bit... weird."
"Just run out! We'll never see these people again. Who cares?" Joe says, brushing himself off and grabbing my hand. I blush at his touch and clamber out in an awkward fashion. We're getting some stares but Joe just shrugs.
"There's twigs in your hair."
"Oh!" I say, looking down and smiling, going all shy.
Joe slowly, one by one, takes the little sticks out from my hair and lifts my chin with his hand. He brushes my stray bits from my face and says; "I like you Cate. Your so bubbly and full of life. I'm going to miss you tomorrow and every other day I'm at home. You should come for a visit sometime. I think you'll like London. We can do lots of sightseeing and stuff." Joe's gone scarlet. He's embarrassed. Now it's his turn to look down at the floor.
"I'd like that Joe." I answer. "I'd like that alot."
"Great. You have my number, my SnapChat's thatcherjoe, Twitter @Joe_Sugg and my email is joesugg24@outlook.com for any enquires." He looks at me, grinning foolishly.
"Okay you weirdo, I should probably get going now if I want to catch the bus on time." I say, checking my phone's clock for the time.
"But, can I ask something?" I say.
"Yes, anything."
"Can I get a picture with you?" I feel so awkward saying that. Like I'm some crazy ThatcherJoe fanatic. I knew who Joe was from the very start. I just didn't want to bring it up because he might just want to have a normal conversation with someone for once instead of bringing up his job everytime.
I'm someone who spends my whole life on the internet, and you thought I didn't know who he was. What do you take me for?
Joe just laughs and agrees, whipping out his iPhone so he can get one too.
"So I can look at this picture and say, 'Wow I'm a lucky man to know such an amazing girl"

Hello! Hope you enjoyed the next chapter of 'Daily Vlogging' and it made you feel good inside. Make sure to vote if you want to see more but I do this purely because I have no life, so yeah.😂 Don't forget to follow 👉youtube_arts1👈 to show some support.
Thanks,
cb_sugg x