Chapter 34

"Oh my God!" I exclaim, dropping my bags at the foot of the door and diving onto the huge four-poster bed that's sitting in the exgravagent hotel room. "This bed is massive!"

Joe follows and makes himself comfortable beside me.

"You could fit about seven other people in here, if you wanted!" Joe says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

We are both staring up at the canopy that's hanging over the bed, our breathes in time with each other.

"I'm gonna get changed into some shorts." I announce, kissing Joe's cheek and pulling myself up from the silk sheets.

I begin rummaging through my suitcase, which is now at the edge of the bed.

Placing the planned outfit on the bed, white denim high-waisted shorts and a mint-green vest top, I begin to undress.

"No peeking!" I smirk, glancing at Joe cheekily.

"I can't promise anything!" Joe replies, covering his eyes with his hands, making a gap with his fingers on purpose.

"Oh, why won't you behave!" I say to my wavy curls of hair, who won't go straight for me.

"Look you perfect the way you are, Monkey." Joe says, resting his hands on my shoulders and smiling at me through the mirror in which I'm sitting at.

"Well that's your job to say that, isn't it?" I sigh, giving up and just settling for a two french braids.

Joe seems a bit offended by my remark and just puts his hands up.

"I give up." He sighs, going over and putting his shoes on.

"I'm sorry." I say, following Joe over to the end of the bed, where he is tugging his Vans onto his feet.

"Do you forgive me?" I pout, fluttering my eyelashes and bumping Joe in the shoulder.

"I'll have to think about it." Joe says stiffly, kepping his expression firm.

"Oh, okay then."

I get up from where I was sitting and turn around, then catching Joe off-guard, I push him onto the bed roughly.

I jump on top of him and our faces are almost touching.

"Have you thought about it yet?" I smirk, my eyes glistening mischieviously.

"Yeah." Joe smiles back.

"And?"

"I could never stay mad at that face, could I?" Is the answer.

I kiss him lightly on the lips, but only to be returned with a much more meaningful one from Joe.

Joe's hands slide their way around my waist and pull me tighter to him, gripping tightly.

I return the kiss, running my hands through Joe's sandy brown hair.

"I hope we're not interrupting anything?" Comes a voice from the door.

It's Zoë and Alfie.

Shit shit shit.

We gave each other key cards to each other's rooms, incase we needed anything.

I break away from Joe instantly and he fixes his shirt collar, both our faces burning bright red.

"Uh, no!" I say, fiddling around with a button on my shorts.

Alfie just bursts out laughing, and a small smile spreads across my face too.

I can't say the same for Joe, he's staring at the floor intensely, his face still beetroot.

I wouldn't blame him, his older sister just walked in on him having a heated make-out session with his girlfriend.

Awkward.

"Shall we go and get an early lunch?" Zoë suggests, acting as if nothing has happend, smiling widely.

She's changed into a black maxi dress and an oversized straw hat.

"Okay." Is the only word my tongue manages to form.

"Are you coming Joe?" Alfie sniggers.

"Yeah, come on then." Joe says, taking my hand in his automatically and making his way to the door.

Zoë and Alfie walk a few steps ahead of us, engrossed in their own conversation, so Joe and I are walking hand-in-hand down the corridor.

I'm giggling quietly into Joe's chest about what just occurred and he's finally coming around and laughing about the whole situation now too.

"Whoops!" I laugh, covering my mouth with my free hand to stifle the flow of giggles escaping. "You looked so embarrassed when Zoë and Alfie walked in, your face was priceless!"

"Oh Cate, I thought I was going to die right there and then! I was mortified!" Joe says quietly, making sure only I can here.

All of us are now sitting in the hotel's restaurant, waiting for the food that we've ordered.

I'm sitting next to Joe, and he's tracing patterns with his finger onto my bare thigh underneath the table, sending shivers through my spine.

I'm exchanging glances with him, begging him to stop, but he just smirks.

What is this boy doing to me?

The food arrives and I'm glad Joe has something else to do then make me frustrated.

I've ordered some pasta and a glass of water.

We're all laughing and joking, having a great time, I'm glad Joe and I decided to book this holiday.

Lunch over and done with, everyone is retreating back to their hotel rooms to change into swimsuits as we're all heading to the pool.

Grabbing my black bikini from my suitcase, I go to the bathroom to get changed this time.

Tying my hair in a top knot, and placing my sunglasses over my eyes, I walk out to the main area of the room, where Joe is standing in his swimming trunks, a t-shirt as a cover-up on top.

"I like your bikini." Joe compliments, staring at me as I bend down to pull on my shorts and top.

"Thank you." I reply. "Shall we be off?"

"We shall!" Joe says, and we walk out of the room, hand-in-hand of course, to meet up with Zoë and Alfie once more today.

Allo allo!
I was legit cringing so hard while writing the bit when Zoë and Alfie walked in on Joe and Cate!😂
Ahhhhhh!!!😳
Anyway guys,
Vote and share,
A kiss and a hug,
cb_sugg xx