Chapter 3

Joe's gone back home. He text me saying he landed at like 4:30 in the morning. But I was awake. I was watching YouTube all night. I got the text and it read:

Joe: Hey Monkey!😂🙉 Me and the boys have landed safe and sound back home now. Thanks for an amazing holiday, I'll FaceTime you later on? Joe xx😘

He sent two kisses this time. With each text he sends me, the kisses add on. If he carries on the way he is, he might want to invest in a chapstick. And let's not forget one tiny detail. THE EMOJI!!!
Okay, okay, I know what your thinking, Jeez the girl must be desperate if she's getting so worked up over a friggin' emoji. I get them all the time!
Yeah but you don't get them from Joe Sugg. Sorry, thats mean. I'll stop.

Anyway it's like 10:00 now so I'll get up, hop in the shower and all that.

11:00. Mel's popped over to see me.
"Cate? You weren't in your usual habitat, your apartment, yesterday, where were you? I popped round but you weren't here." Mel questioned me, putting down her Prada handbag on my counter.
"As a matter of fact Mel, I was outside. I was at the Zoo. On a date." I nod to her triumphently.
Mel looks like she doesn't believe me. I was right, she doesn't.
"Cate, please. Stop making up shit saying you went to the Zoo with a boy." She sneers at me, and I thought she was supposed to be my friend.
"Well why not?" I ask. "I actually have the pictures to prove it." I root into my own handbag and fish out my iPhone.
"Take a look if you don't believe me."
I'm quite offended that Mel doesn't believe that I went on a date. It's a bit rich coming from her, if I'm honest. She'd make-do with any old scum from the club and bring him back to her flat, then kick him out the next day.
But I won't say that.
I'd like to keep my best friend.

Mel opens my phone and doesn't have to say any more. I've made one of the many pictures we took yesterday as my home screen.
Mel is kind of squinting at the picture, like she doesn't believe it's real.
"Hey! Is that that boy from the club you stayed late with?" Mel asks, smirking at me.
"Maybe." I smile mysteriously back at her.
"Oh Cate it is! I'm sorry I didn't believe you!" Mel comes closer and wraps her skinny arms round my neck.
"What kind of friend am I, eh?"
"A good friend." I say, returning the hug.
"God Cate. You better consider yourself lucky with that one. Don't let him slip from your grasp."
"Mel! We haven't even kissed yet! Well, not full-on at least." I pull away, blushing furiously.
"Cate! He kissed you? Ahh, I'm so jealous." Mel says, jumping up and down in her heels. She manages to look stylish even if she's going to visit a friend.
"It was only a quick peck on the cheek to say goodbye! We weren't proper kissing or anything." I retort, I'm starting to get defensive.
"Okay!" Mel says, backing away, her hands held high in surrender.
"Want to come for a coffee?"
"I can't actually, I'm waiting on a parcel to arrive. Maybe tomorrow?" I say. I didn't actually have a parcel arriving. I just wanted to watch Marcus Butler's new main channel video with Alfie and Louise. And maybe some anime. Just realised I need to get an actual life.

Mel has left now. I'm on the sofa watching some old Phil is Not on Fire's on the telly. I love those two. Dan & Phil. I can really relate.
My phone starts vibrating and I jump up to see who wants to communicate with me. It's Joe asking to FaceTime. Current outfit: pyjama bottoms and a Wexford jersey. Hair in a bun, making it look like a pineapple. But worst of all, my face is naked, leaving all my spots and blemishes on show for everyone to see. I didn't care if Mel had seen me in my true form. I mean, she's seen almost everything. But Joe, on the other hand, is a completely different story.
I have to answer. It'll be rude not to. And I do really want to talk to him.
I slide across the icon and his face appears on the screen. He looks like he just woke up to.
His hair is all tousled and flopping over his face, which looks incredibly sexy, I might add. He's in his bedroom, I've seen it before in his videos. But I'm missing one teeny tiny detail.
He's shirtless.
I can only see the tops of his shoulders but it makes my stomach do backflips all the same.
What is this boy doing to me?

We've been talking for over an hour, properly getting to know each other, laughing and just jabbering utter nonsense. But then Joe says:

Joe: Cate? Have you ever been to New York?

Cate: That was so random! But no, I haven't. It would be so cool to go though!

Joe: Well why don't you come with me on May 3rd? I'm going for a work event, but we can still go sightseeing and have fun! All expenses on me though, or else you can't come.

Cate: Joe, that would be a trip of a lifetime! Of course I'll come but I can pay for my own things, don't you worry.

Joe: Well, it's either you come and I pay for everything, or you don't come at all! So what's it gonna be, Monkey?

Cate: Oh alright of course I'll come! But that's so mean! You can't blackmail me into coming!

Joe: Well I just have! Hahaha!

Joe has hung up now and I swear to you now, I'm walking on air.
Joe Sugg has asked me to go to New York with him. I can't believe it, to be honest.
I have to call Mel.
Finding her name in the contacts list, I press Call.
I don't even let her say hello.
"Mel you'll never guess what!" I squeal into the phone.
"Woah, Cate! Calm down, talk slowly." Mel replies.
"I'm going to New York! All expenses paid!"
"Cate! What did I tell you about giving away your personal details to those scam messages?" Mel says sternly, I know that she's probably sitting on her bed, having someone else on hold to talk to her best friend. Me, in case you didn't know.
"No stupid!" I laugh. "Joe is going to New York for a work event and he wants me to come! He said he'd pay for everything! At first I said I would pay but then..." Mel's not listening.
"Cate. Your going to New York with a man you only met the other night at a club! I don't know about this." Mel sounds uneasy, but she really needs to loosen up a bit. She's always been like this.
"Mel, loosen up! I know Joe, he won't kidnap me or anything!" I laugh.
Mel flicks her sleek coal-black hair over her shoulder and goes on about how 'I never listen' and 'I'm going to get into trouble one of these days.'
Oh Mel, not being mean or anything but, take a hike.

Hello! Hope you enjoyed Chapter 3! The day this went up, I was reading Chapter 2 with my friends, and I swear I died with a cringe attack. But you all love it anyway which is the important thing!
Don't forget to vote, follow 👉youtube_arts1👈 and share this story with your friends! It would mean alot.
feel as if I'm rambling now so I'll leave it at that! Love you lots like big green snots! Ew. Okay.
Bye Bye,
                 cb_sugg xx