Chapter 8

The food comes and I've ordered pizza. Obviously.
Joe gets spaghetti bolognese.

"Here. Take this." Joe says, handing me one strand of spaghetti.
"Oh thank you, your ever so generous. I don't know what I'd do without this single strand of spaghetti" I laugh, taking the yummy pasta anyway.

Joe puts one end in his mouth and of course I know what he's doing at once. The infamous Lady & the Tramp 'Spaghetti Kiss'.
"Oh Lord, your so cheesy!" I say, putting my bit of spaghetti into my mouth too.
"It's not me who's the cheesy one!" Joe says. "It's the spaghetti!"
"I actually can't believe you!" I laugh, nudging him playfully.

Joe starts slurping up his spaghetti, making loud mouth noises, obviously on purpose.
I decide to be a bit silly.
I bite off my piece of spaghetti and suck it up quickly, smirking playfully.
Joe pretends to cry but I just laugh like a maniac.
"Mwhahahaha!"

After the meal

I'm so tired. Joe told me I fell asleep in the car.
He had to carry me out, newly-wed style, all the way to the lift.
Alfie was in the lobby, having a few drinks with Marcus and Caspar.
Joe said they start singing 'Here comes the Bride.' as Joe entered the lift.
Typical.

I can remember Joe laying me on the bed and pulling the covers all the way up to my chin.
"There you go." He whispers in my ear, and kisses my cheek softly.
A small grin spreads across my face.
"Oh, so your awake now? After I had to carry you all the way to the hotel room?" Joe smirks. I love it when he smirks.
"Yep." I grin. "Night."
"Night, Monkey." Joe says as he climbs in beside me.

The next morning

I wake up to find no sign of Joe beside me.
I sit up, yawning, and spot a note on the coffee table.

Gone down to breakfast today. Come down when your ready. Joe☺xx

Phew.
I get up and head straight to the bathroom for a shower.

It's our last day in New York. That means me and Joe won't see each other for a long time.

Shower's finished. I've put on my blue denim shorts, mint green crop top and Superdry flip-flops since the weather is absoulutely gorgeous today. It's weird how the weather changes so dramatically.

I reach the dining area, and look around. I'm seeing all YouTubers sitting, chatting and laughing about stuff.
I can see Caspar get up from a table not far away and he's screaming my name loudly, flailing his arms around like a windmill.
I grin and wave back.
As I'm going over to the guys, I manage to stub my toe on someone's chair. That someone happens to be PewDiePie himself. I suddenly throw all pain away and quickly apologise for bumping into him. He's sitting with his two friends Jack and Mark.

"What? Don't apologise! Is your foot okay?" He asks, getting up and facing me.
"Yeah! Yeah, I'm grand!" Such an Irish thing to say. Jack picks up on it.
"Your from Ireland?" He asks.
"Yeah! I was born in Wexford but I live in Dublin now, it's way easier for work and things." I reply.
Me and Jack just chatter on about stuff, mostly to do with Ireland, but then Joe looks over for the about umpteenth time, so I suppose I should go over and get some breakfast.
"Listen, I have to go and get breakfast now, but if your around in Dublin we can catch up?" I say to Jack, getting up from their table.
"Yeah! That'd be fun!" Jack says. He's so energetic and bubbly. I have a feeling a great friendship is blossoming.

"What took you so long, Monkey?" Joe says, pulling up a chair for me to sit on.
"Oh sorry. I was chatting with Felix, Jack and Mark. They seem like a nice bunch of lads."
"Mmmm." Joe says, scowling.
Louise is laughing so hard at Joe's expression that she snorts tea everywhere.
Even the people sitting at the table next to us. Which happen to be Dan Howell and Phil Lester. Wow, only on the last day I'm finally meeting all these YouTubers.
The irony.

Dan and Phil don't mind Louise spitting tea all over them. Dan just laughs his infectious laugh and we're all laughing soon enough.

Breakfast finished. Bags are packed. Everyone is now at the airport.

I won't see Joe or any of the others for a long time. At least for months anyway. I'll miss the great times we had together on this trip. I'm on a different flight directly to Dublin Airport so it's time to say goodbye.
I hug them each in turn, Caspar first.
"See you soon, hopefully! We should definetly do a collab on my channel!" Caspar says eagerly.
"Yes! I'd love that!"
Next, it's Marcus. I feel like I'm at a meet-up. And I'm the YouTuber.
"See you Tweedle-dumb!" I say, punching him playfully on the shoulder. He pulls me into a strong muscular hug instead.
Louise comes up to me and is almost in tears.
"I have a great time with you, Cate. We have to keep in touch!"
"Oh Louise! Of course!"
Alfie comes bounding over like a puppy and hugs onto me. So much energy. I really don't know where he gets it all.
"You have to come down to Brighton sometime! I think you and Zoë would get on all too well!"
"Yeah, that'd be lovely!" I say.
Just as he pulls out of the hug I whisper in his ear.
"Courgette."
"Oh no!" Alfie moans. "Not you too?"
I really hoped to have met Zoë on this trip, but she couldn't come due to meetings.

All that's left to say goodbye to is Joe.
"I'm gonna miss you Monkey." He says, wrapping his long arms around me in a loving embrace.
"Me too." I respond, tears silently leaking down my face.
"Ah stop!" Joe laughs, but he's holding back tears too. "You'll set me off!"
I'm laughing at the same time my mascara is pouring down my cheeks, mixing with my foundation. Which is not nice.
Joe gives me a kiss so meaningful that I'm stunned.
Alfie, Caspar and Marcus are whooping and cheering like the immature boys they are. Louise is cheering and squealing, hopping from foot to foot excitedly.
"Bye." I say for the twentieth time today, collecting my carry-on and heading off in the right direction.
Don't turn around I tell myself. Tears are now streaming down my face, and a woman asks if I'm alright. I tell her I just had to say goodbye to someone close to me, and she tells me she understands completely.
"My husband just left to go join the army. He won't be back until this time next year." She sniffs, giving me a squeeze.
"I'm sorry." I tell her. Her husband probably won't be back for Christmas this year, and I'm sobbing like a baby because I won't see my unofficial boyfriend for 3 or so months. Long distance relationships man, they're a bitch.

It turns out I'm sitting next to Jack on the plane, which is nice.
We're going to meet up next Wednesday, for a coffee and he's going to show me his VR headset. I cannot wait.
At least that's something to look forward to.

Hiii! This Chapter was pretty boring I guess, but we have to move through story somehow! I can't wait to write Chapter 10, because something's going to happen to Cate... I wont say anything more.😉 Vote, Share with your friends(if you have any😂) and hope you enjoyed.
Bye,
cb_sugg xx