Chapter 5

Today is the day. The flight. Joe tells me over and over again when we're on our way to the airport not to worry, that everything will be fine.
Eh, Joe, since I lasted checked, I was crying my eyes out and breathing into a paper bag, so no, everything will not be alright.

We're at the airport and I'm introduced to Alfie.
"Hello hello!" Alfie beams at me. He's so energetic and full of life. Even at 4:00 in the morning. He whips out his vlogging camera and shouts out the infamous, 'Gooooooood MORNING, guys!' and by now, the few people that are in the airport lounge are staring at us bunch of lunatics shouting good morning for the whole world to hear.
"Hey! You know my little 'good morning' phrase?" Alfie asks me, still smiling, his vlogging camera switched off in his hand. "Are you a fan of YouTube?"
"Are you kidding? I've watched all of your channel's ever since they were created!" I respond, my inner fangirl about to explode out of my chest.
"Oh! Well in that case, why don't you try out my new merch that's coming out on Friday and see how it is? I'll need some feedback!" Alfie says, rummaging in his backpack and pullin out a grey beanie with the PB logo on it.
"Wow, Alfie! This is so cool! Thank you so much!" I beam, clutching the beanie tightly like it's my only one possession.

"Could all passengers boarding Flight 205 to JFK New York please make their way to the gates, thank you." Sounds the intercom, announcing our flight. Shit.
I look at Joe and try to conjure up a 'I'll be fine I'm sure' smile. It comes out as a 'Oh God help me please I'm gonna die' kinda smile. Oh well.
Joe gets the message.
The four of us make our way to the gate and I'm shaking like a leaf. It's not even cold.
Just thinking about the fact that I'll be thousands of feet in the sky with artificial air keeping everyone alive terrifies me. I have not come to this airport prepared.
"Would it be rude if I listened to music?" I ask Joe, fishing my phone and headphones out of my handbag.
"No, not at all, would it be rude if I asked to share the headphones?" Joe replies, taking one of them and putting it in his ear, humming away to music that's not even playing.
I start laughing at his antics.
"There's not even any music you fool!" I laugh, flicking through my songs on Spotify.
"How about some Troye Sivan?" I ask, hitting play on Troye's song, Happy Little Pill.
"In the crowd ALONE!" Joe sings, way too loudly I might add, which makes me laugh even more. He's actually really good.
I sing along too, all the way to the plane.
"My Happy Little Pill! Take me away, dry my eyes, bring colour to my skies!" Both of us sing in unison, swaying and pretending to hold microphones.
This woman is giving us stares and tutting loudly our way. We pay no attention whatsoever.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please enjoy the flight." The pilot says, and the engine starts whirring into action.
Joe imediatley grabs my hand and whispers encouragement in my ear the whole time the plane ascends.
He's telling all about how he felt when he bumped into me at that club, how he saw me earlier that night and went to investigate. Bumpin into me on purpose. So he could have an excuse to buy me a drink.
"Cheeky!" I smile, forgetting completely that we're on a plane in the air.
"Do you want to watch a movie?" Joe asks, turning on the little screen in front of us and scrolling through the movie selection.
"How about Joe & Caspar Hit the Road?" I joke.
"Oh your so funny!" Joe says sarcastically back.
We end up watching Bridesmaids, which of course I've seen a million times, Joe probably has never seen it, and probably never planned on seeing it. Only to humour me, which was nice.
I'm getting quite sleepy and I rest my head on Joe's shoulder. He puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead. My eyes are closing, becoming heavier with each breathe I take.
My breathing is in time with Joe's. Like we're connected.

Hello! This Chapter was a bit short if I'm honest, but don't hate me. Being on a plane for about eight hours is no party. It's boring. No-one wants to read about two people sitting on chairs. I was trying to make this Chapter about New York, but I had to add the 'falling asleep on shoulder' scene so I just left it there. Vote, follow 👉cb_sugg👈 on Wattpad and share with friends, even if they aren't into this kind of thing.
Bye,
cb_sugg xx