Chapter 12

I wake up in a cold sweat. I had a horrible dream.
I was running out of a club, trying to get to Joe, who was standing on the other side of the road, calling out to me for help. Jack had my arm, not letting me get to him. Blinding lights are getting closer to Joe then he's gone.

I must've been screaming. Alfie comes running in, nothing but boxers on.
"Cate! Are you alright?" He asks, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Come downstairs and get a drink of water, it's time we get up now anyway."
Alfie and I head downstairs, Nala at our heels. I'm shivering violently.
"Did you have a bad dream?" Alfie asks, handing me a cold glass of tap water.
I can't speak so just nod slightly.
"Joe got hit by a car, but Jack wouldn't let me rescue him." I say, teeth chattering. Alfie doesn't have a clue what I'm on about, so just nods along and gives me a hug.
"Hey?" Zoë says softly, coming into the kitchen in her dressing gown. "You alright?"
"Bad dream." Alfie tells her, and Zoë joins in on the hug.

At the spa

I can't relax. Zoë and I are in the hot tub, sipping on mocktails (I don't drink alchohol, as of today). I'm trying to forget about everything, it's simply impossible.
All that's running through my head is Joe Joe Joe.
"Stop thinking about him." Zoë commands, like she can read my mind. "Maybe the massage we're booked in for will help."
"Mmm. Maybe."

The massage helped. Alot.
We're back at our little private cabin, room service sent us some lunch. I've ordered a bacon and cheese panini, which smells delicious, and Zoë's gone for a pizza.
I'm laughing along with Zoë now and cracking jokes. That massage has made me really relaxed.
"Shall we stick on a movie?" Zoë asks, going over to a littke cabinet below the TV, full of DVD's.
"Ooh yeah." I respond. "Just not a rom-com. I'm not in the mood."

We're watching The Purge. It's so scary. I spent most of it hugging the pillow close to my face, blocking out all the sound and noise. Zoë gives the occasional squeal or laugh if something scary happens.
"Oh God Zo, stop!" I laugh behind the pillow.
"Oh please! Your such a wet wipe!" Zoë shouts, getting another pillow and whacking me across the head playfully. This then resorts to a massive pillow fight.

The living area is a total mess. Pillows are thrown everywhere. Pizza crusts are lying on dirty plates on the table.
"We're muckier than lads!" Zoë says, clearing away the debris. I start to help, still laughing after all that.
My phone starts ringing at the other side of the room, and I run to fetch it.

Joe💕💯🔥 is calling. Would you like to answer it?

There's only one Joe in my contacts list.
You all know who it is.
So does Zoë.
"I think you should answer it." Zoë says. "I'll give you some privacy." She leaves the room, closing the door behind her, leaving me alone.
My hands are trembling as I slide over the green icon.
"Hello?" I say, pressing the phone to my cheek.
"Hey Cate. Listen, when you get back from the spa, we need to meet up. Can you do Friday at 4? Please?" He sounds rough. Really rough. Like he's missing me.
"Uh, I guess so." Is the reply. I'm trying to play hard to get, without losing him altogether.
He hangs up and I call Zoë back.
"Well?" She says, sitting back down on the sofa.
"He wants to meet on Friday. Oh Zoë, I want him back. I need to impress him, but how can I do that when I own no decent clothes?" I say, running my hands through my scraggly hair and pacing the floor.
"I feel a shopping trip coming on!" Zoë squeals, hopping up and down on the green couch.

Girls are back from the spa and are watching Harry Potter with Alfie and Nala at home. It's Wednesday.

Zoë, her friend Mark Ferris and I are going shopping tomorrow afternoon in Westfield, London.
I'm excited to meet Mark. He's meant to be so funny, according to Zoë's vlogs. And Zoë herself.
"Trust me! You'll love Mark! Also, he's a great help when it comes to the latest trends!" Zoë says, snuggling close to Alfie. I wish me and Joe could snuggle on the sofa like that. All those ideas can be thrown out the window and kissed goodbye. There's always Friday, but God knows how that's gonna go. It's Friday 13th aswell. I better watch myself.

Shopping with Zoë and Mark! I mean, who wouldn't love that? And that's coming from me, who hates shopping with a passion! Bit of short chapter, this. But it's a two-parter so count yourself lucky. I know someone who'll be happy *cough* xxsarinaxx *cough*😂
Vote, share and all that shizz.
Bye,
cb_sugg xx