Chapter 1

"CUZ I'M JUST A TEENAGE DIRTBAG BABY! YEAH I'M JUST A TEENAGE DIRTBAG BABY!" The crowd screams in the club, everyone jumping around, spilling alchoholic drinks and screaming the infamous song Teenage Dirtbag out of tune.
"Cate!" My friend Melanie shouts to me, "It's your round for the drinks!"
As I make my way to the bar, pushing past drunk people kissing and dancing, I bump into someone.
"Oh! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" They say.
He's male. 20-something. Quite small. Maybe 5'8. Really skinny by the looks of things. Round blue eyes. They look kind, those eyes. I wouldn't mind staring into them for a while longer.
O mi god Cate. Stop being such a creep.
"Hello? Can you hear me?" He says.
He's British. What's he doing in Ireland?
"Oh sorry! I'm fine! I was just on my way to the bar! Care to come?" I say, being the daring person I am. Who am I kidding? Mel had to literally drag me out of my bedroom and make me come to this club tonight.

*Flashes-back to earlier that night.*

"Oh PLEASE, Cate! Can't you just surface from your bed and get some fresh air? Me and the girls are going to this new club that just opened in Dublin city tonight. Why don't you come? It will be good for you!" Mel had said, pulling across my curtains.
Squinting and burying my head under the duvet, I thought, Oh dear. When was the last time I washed these sheets?
"Those curtains were closed for a reason." I mumbled to her, Mel only laughed.
"Right! You better decide what your wearing because we'll collect you at eight! Don't be late!" And with that she left me and my beloved iMac alone at last.
Who needs boyfriends when you have the Internet?

*Flashback ends*

So here I am, at this new club, talking to this gorgeous boy that looks my age, and I had just asked him did he want a drink. Who is this girl?
"Sure. I'll have a drink, but I'm paying." He says to me, and I snap back into reality.
"Okay," I laugh, "That's a good thing too because I've left my purse back at my table!" Stupid me. Why am I trying to be funny when I'm clearly being ignorant and a socially awkward cucumber?
At the bar, we order drinks and sit down on a stool.
"How rude of me! I never even introduced myself! I'm Joe, I'm 24 and I live in London but I'm here for my best friend's birthday. What about yourself?" He quizzes, taking out his wallet and paying for our drinks. I didn't bother ordering for Mel and the girls, they could get their own drinks.
"I'm Cate, I'm 23 and I live in Dublin and I'm here because my friend insisted I go outside instead of lying in bed on my laptop!" I laugh, taking a sip of my G&T.
Joe laughs at my little remark. Someone actually laughed at one of my jokes. Wow Cate, your on fire tonight!
"Cate? What are you doing? We're waiting for our drinks!" It's Mel. She looks at me. She looks at Joe. She looks back at me. "Oh! Never mind, I'll get them. So who's your new friend?" She grins as if she were a small child with a new Barbie doll.
I'm blushing so hard that I can't respond. Now this is the real Cate.
Joe rescues me. Thank God.
"Hello! I'm Joe! You must be Melanie?" He says, a little smirk spreading across his face. I can feel butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. I can also feel my cheeks burning again. Oh God, just stop.
"Hello!" Mel says, still smiling like an idiot. "I'll leave you guys to it. We were going to go in half an hour, Cate. But you take your time."
"Thanks" I say in almost a whisper. I've gone shy infront of my best friend that I've known since secondary school. Really, I'm quite messed up tonight. Maybe this is too much fresh air in one day. Put this little scenario on the top of the list Reasons why Cate doesn't leave the House.
"Don't worry. I'll make sure she gets home safe and sound!" Joe smiles. He's so cute. Did I just think that? Such cringe. Much embarressment. I'm so cringe I should be a meme. Stop. Just. Stop.
Mel says goodbye to us and I just kind of sit there and stare at my drink. This is me and my socially awkardness being truly unmasked before this beautiful human. And I'm ruining my chances.
"Would you like to come and meet my friends? There probably wondering where I am! The're really nice, don't worry!" Joe asks me. I feel like he's asked me to meet his parents. Will they think I'm his girlfriend? God Cate, obviously not. He's only known you 10 minutes!
"Sure! That'd be cool!" I say casually, getting up and leaving my empty glass behind.
We walk to the velvet rope that is the wall between your average humans and those that are the V.I.Ps.
"Hi, I'm part of Caspar Lee's birthday party, and she's my plus one." Joe says to the bouncer, gesturing towards me.
"Names?" Says the big guard.
"Cate and Joe." Joe replies.
Those names sound good together. No, they sound great. Like they belong together. They fit.
The bouncer walks over to a tall, blonde boy who's singing along to Lush Life.
I can see, who must be, Caspar look over in our direction and grin. Joe grins back and runs his hand through his hair. He's been doing that alot I noticed. Is he nervous? Or is it just a habit?
"Mr. Lee says you can go in." The bouncer says to me and Joe, unclipping the red rope and allowing to us to enter.
As soon as we walk in, Caspar bounds over like an excited puppy and hugs Joe. I can kimda make out what Caspar is whispering to him.
"So who's this then Joe? Have you finally found someone who's 'your type'?"
"Piss off Casp. She's just a mate." Joe replies, pushing Caspar away from him.
Caspar releases from their little 'pep talk/bro hug' and comes over to me to introduce himself.
Getting down on one knee, Caspar grabs my hand and kisses it, then says; "Hello very attractive lady! You must be Joe's new girlfriend? Great! Come on in and join the party. Me and you are gonna be great friends!"
You can tell he's drunk. He's cleary not always like this. Surely.
"Is he always like this?" I laugh nervously in Joe's direction.
"If your thinking he's drunk, think again missy. This is my friend Caspar Lee!" He grins at me then apoligises on Caspar's behalf.
"Don't apoligise! I have a feeling me and Caspar are going to get on! We all defininetly have to keep in touch when you go back home."
I've said it. The words are out. I knew this night would be a disaster. I mucked up everything.
If anyone knows the code of conduct for night's out, it goes like this;
The boy asks the girl if they should talk again, AT THE END OF THE NIGHT!!
Now Joe probably thinks I'm like some eager, horny freak. Which I am, but that's besides the point!
Everything is going to be so awkward now between us both!
But Joe just takes it in his stride and says; "Yeah, of course! You seem like a really interesting person to get to know! It's gonna be difficult to keep in touch because I'm quite busy alot of the time with work, but we can always FaceTime when we get the chance!"
I'm astounded. I'm flabberghasted. I'm beyond words. He says he wants to see me again. Am I drunk? Is this real life?
I have to say something. Anything.
"I could just move to London!"
When I said anything I didn't mean that.
Joe just laughs. Thank goodness he took it as a joke. What am I playing at?

*3 hours and 4 drinks later*

I'm quite drunk. I'm just gonna throw it out there. The party's in full swing and I have no idea what the time is. I think I was dancing with Conor Maynard at one point. Can't be too sure though.
I can hear a voice come up from behind me and the voice's hands rest on my shoulders.
"Cate. I think it's time to go." Says the voice, chuckling softly.
"I can call an Über for you if you want."
"Yes please." I slur my words.
I'm in such a state. I think it's Joe who's helping me. He's so kind. Even when I'm like this.
He grabs my hand and leads me out of the club and I swear I feel a surge of electricity up my arm. I'm pretty sure Joe felt it too.
He's looks at me and pulls a cheeky smirk. I laugh loudly in response like a donkey. Joe just laughs too, but he actually looks good doing it instead of scrunching up his nose, teeth sticking out like a rabbit, tears pouring out of his eyes when it's not even that funny. Like my good self.
We're out of the club now, and the fresh air hits me like a brick. I reel back and my vision is blurred.
"Woah! Cate, are you okay?" I can feel strong arms wrap around me as I fall in Mel's pair of 8-inch heels. They've been hurting all night. I'm bound to get blisters tomorrow.
"Sorry." I mumble, trying to get up but Joe's grip is too strong.
"Oh, your not going anywhere by yourself! How far is your apartment from here?" He asks. He's looking into my eyes and I'm looking into his.
I won't kiss him, I tell myself. I would actually like to remember that moment, thanks very much.
"My flat isn't far from here. It's within walking distance." I say, collecting myself.
Joe grabs my hand in his and we walk towards my apartment. We reach the door and Joe asks if I'm okay to go up myself.
"I'm sure I'll be able to open my door." I snigger, then start humming a song that was playing in the club.
"Cate." Joe says, not letting go of my hand.
"Yeah?" I breathe, my heart racing in my chest.
Joe steps closer and I can smell his aftershave. I start giggling incontrollably like a little school-girl.
"Shh." Joe laughs sofly in my ear. Things are getting quite intimate.
"I had a great night, it was so good to meet you." He whispers and he gives me a quick peck on the cheek. He kissed me. He actually kissed me! Does he like me or is he just messing with me?
I mean, it wasn't an actual kiss but it was definetly something to say that he wanted to see me again.
"Night." I smile, brushing my hair away from my face, looking down sheepishly.

---

Hi! I suppose it ended abruptly but it was very long for a first chapter, and I'm saving some for the next chapter!
Hope you enjoyed it.
Follow 👉youtube_arts1👈 if your interested in YouTubers such as ThatcherJoe, Zoella, PointlessBlog, PewDiePie and JackSepticEye!
Thanks,
✴cb_sugg ✴