Chapter 33

Bags are packed.

We're all ready.

The plane leaves London Heathrow at 10:30 in the morning.

Which isn't too bad, I suppose.

"I'm so excited!" I say to Joe, climbing into bed beside him. "In only a few hours, we'll be relaxing on hot sandy beaches and have refreshing cocktails in our hands!"

"I know." Joe replies. "I can't wait either!"

I fall asleep pretty quick, as I'm quite tired.

"Monkey, wake up! It's time to get ready to leave." I hear Joe whisper in my ear.

It's early in the morning. Maybe around 6:00.

I just grunt sleepily and turn around on my pillow, making Joe chuckle.

"10 more minutes." I moan, smiling.

"No!" Joe laughs, putting his hand on my shoulder. "We could miss our flight, sleepy head! Don't make me throw a glass of water over your head!"

"You wouldn't dare!" I say, fully awake and alert now.

"Watch me!" Joe threatens jokingly, disappearing into the bathroom, where I can then hear the tap running.

I prop my elbows up so I can see better, and there's Joe, filling a vase up with freezing cold tap water.

He really did mean it.

Joe emerges from the bathroom, sporting a mischievious grin upon his lips, holding onto the delicate vase, which is filled to the brim with water.

I make a dash for the door that leads downstairs, but Joe gets there first.

I gasp in shock as the ice cold water is poured all over my head and drips down past my shoulders, soaking me completely.

I just stand there, mouth in the shape of an 'o', while Joe is crying due to laughter, staggering around the room.

"You're such a dick." I say, expressionless.

Joe takes no notice and just continues laughing.

"Are you awake now?" Joe asks sarcastically, recovering from his laughing fit.

I ignore the question and glare at Joe, boring my eyes into his.

"Come here and give me a hug!" I run at Joe and wrap my arms around him tightly, making sure he gets soaked by my sopping wet Minnie Mouse pyjamas.

"Thanks so much for that!" Joe laughs, trying to release my grip.

"Come on then, being serious, we should get ready." I say, letting him go and wringing out my hair on the all ready wet carpet.

"Excuse me, missy! I was ready for ages! It's you that has to get ready!"

"At least I've already had my shower!" I joke, kissing Joe on the lips lightly.

We made it to the airport in the end, and met up with a sleepy Zoë and Alfie.

"Oh my God, Alfie!" I giggle. "You sound so weird!"

"Stop! It's my hay fever, I sound like this almost every morning." Alfie explains, sniffing and spluttering.

"Anyway guys!" Zoë says, grabbing Alfie and I's attention. "I really want to have a look round the shops!"

"More shopping?" Joe grunts, rolling his eyes to the ceiling.

Flight 187 travelling to Barcelona, the gates to boarding are closing in 10 minutes, this is your last call.

That's us.

I thought we had hours.

"Joe! I thought you told us that our flight was at 10:30?" I gasp, beginning to run as fast as my legs can carry me, all the way to Gate 13, the guys following behind.

"Yeah! I guess not!" Is all Joe has to say.

At least we were at the airport and not still snoring our heads off at home.

We finally make it, and the woman at the desk who scans our tickets is laughing away openly to herself.

The plane takes off and I'm gripping onto Joe's hand for dear life.

"It's okay Monkey." Joe soothes. "Just think of hot sun on your face and sand between your toes."

This doesn't really help my little panic session, but I smile at Joe all the same.

I'm so lucky to have him.

In the air, we're experiencing some turbulence, which does not help in the slightest.

To take my mind off of things, Joe says:

"Have you ever thought about starting YouTube?"

I have, of course, I've considered it.

"Yes. Only once or twice though. Why, do you think I should?" Is my reply.

Could I really just throw away my degree in Drama and Dance to pursue my dream of talking to an expensive camera, in the hope that I become recognised so it can be my full-time job?

"Oh yeah, definetly! It would be a good way to channel your creativity, and I can help you get set with equipment and things." Joe says.

"I don't know Joe. I think I'd be better behind the camera, if you know what I mean. It's a big step, and besides, I'm happy just the way I am." I say.

Zoë walks past my seat, on her way to the toilet, and she smiles at me.

"Yo." I whisper, grinning.

"Yo." She says back, giggling.

"What are you two laughing and skitting about?" I hear Alfie say from the seat infront of Joe and I, craning his neck to get a better view.

"Since when were you sitting infront of us?" Joe laughs to Alfie.

"Since the start of the flight!" Alfie replies, smiling.

Zoë returns to her seat beside Alfie and turns her head so she can talk to us.

"I can't believe we didn't get a chance to look around the duty-free!" Zoë moans, posing a sad face.

"Thank goodness!" Alfie says. "I'm kinda glad that we were late so we didn't have to go shopping!"

"But the perfume is so cheap at the airport!" Zoë whimpers.

Joe mimics her in a whiney voice, which resorts to a brother-sister play fight, Alfie and I on-looking the whole situation.

The plane lands before we know it, all of us too busy chattering about what the hotel room will look like, or where to eat for dinner.

The heats hits my face when we get off the plane and I can only imagine what the refreshing water of the pool will feel like in an hour's time.

"I think it's a little too hot for jeans!" Alfie exclaims, who is wearing black skinny jeans and a hoodie.

Wise choice my friend.

Allo allo!
Hope you liked chapter 33, I know it was boring but, these things have to be wrote about so the story can continue!
I also have an important announcement,
Drumroll please,

WE HAVE 900 READS!!!

I am actually in shock rn and can't believe it. Thanks soooooo much for all the support, you don't know how much it means to me.
Also vote and share this story,
Thank youu!(again😂)
A kiss and a hug,
cb_sugg xx