Chapter 16

I'm so tired. I got in at 7:30 and my neighbours are making so much noise. Renovations or something.

I didn't even put on pyjamas. I just flung my clothes into a corner of my room and slept in my bra and knickers. Well, you knkw that over-used saying, Y.O.L.O.

I wake up at 9:00 to the sound of my phone vibrating on the bedside table. A text from Joe.

Joe: Morning Monkey. Have a good day. Missing you the minute you left my side xxxx

Butterflies are flittering around in my stomach. I like to think that he sent that text as soon as he woke. It makes me feel special.
I reply with a simple 'morning miss you too xxx' and jump up out of bed for a shower.

Ootd: black and white crop top with powder blue skinny jeans and cowboy-style boots.
I don't know why I'm gettung so dressed up. I mean, I'm not going anywhere.
I have no friends to go anywhere with.

Another beep from my phone. Jeez, I'm popular today.
I pick up my iPhone and it reads:

PewDiePie started following you.

PewDiePie. The PewDiePie. Holy Shit.
It's definetely him, he's verified and everything. Why is he following me? All these questions are bubbling up inside me.
Not long after, I get a Direct Message from Twitter.

PewDiePie: Hey Cate. I hope I have the right Cate.😂Your Joe Sugg's girlfriend right? The one that stubbed her toe on my chair in New York?😂 I said I'd follow you cuz Jack said your really cool and funny, hope we can be friends, Felix😉

Felix Kjellburg wants to be my friend.
Woah. Overwhelming.

I haven't really done much today.
I was talking to Zoë on FaceTime and she was showing me some Zoella Beauty Products that she's releasing super soon. I can't wait.
I went and got lunch, alone. Nothing special, just a bagel.

I'm lying on the bed now, watching Joe's Uncharted 4 series. I miss him so bad, and I've only just got back.

I know! I think to myself. I could text Kelsey and see if she'd like to pop round.

Cate: Hey Kelsey, it's Cate. Just wondering if you want to call round? X

I wait around for ages on a reply. Nothing. I sigh out loud with boredom.
Obviously Kelsey is busy. Balls.

I miss Mel. She's being so shady and odd.
Speak of the devil.

Mel: Hey Cate! Just wanted to ask if you want to come and get some dinner with me? We need to catch up...
Meet me outside Giovanni's in half an hour?😈 xxx

What was that devil emoji about? Is she up to something?
Cate, stop being paranoid. Your friend has asked you to dinner. Accept!
I reply with:

Cate: Sure I'd love that! See you then. X

I need to get a bus to Giovanni's if I remember correctly.
I have no idea why it's called that. It's not even Italian.
It serves Mexican food.

I'm at the restaurant. Mel hasn't arrived yet. She's probably doing her hair still. Mel's pride and joy, her sleek, long, black hair that sweeps past her shoulders and reaches her hips. My straggly, boring, shoulder-length hair hasn't got a patch on hers. Although Joe said he loves my hair. That it gives my face nice structure.

I check my watch and it reads 7:45. She should've arrived here 15 minutes ago.
I should probably sit down at a table.

At a table for two, I'm scouring the menu when I see a familar face walk in through the glass doors. And it's not Mel.
It's Jack. I need to hide. Quick.
Picking up the menu on the table, I open it up and pretend to be interested in some spicy nachos.
But that's no good.
"Cate?"
He's right beside me now, peering over the menu to check it's me.
"Oh! Hi Jack." I say, acting like I only noticed him now.
"Mel invited me. She said you wanted to talk?"
I froze. The options on the menu don't make sense anymore.
That back-stabbing cow.
Why would she do that?
"I'm sorry Jack. I didn't know you were coming. I thought me and Mel were having dinner together."
"Oh no! Cate, I'm so sorry. It must have been a misunderstanding." Jack says. "Still want to have dinner anyway?"
"Jack," I begin. "I'm in a relationship. A bloody good one at that, and I can't afford to lose it. I'm sorry but I have to leave."

I walk out of the restaurant collectively and turn down the street towards the bus stop.

I'm home, absoulutely fuming.
I have to tell Joe about this.
Grabbing my phone out from my back pocket, I eventually find Joe's number, in the 'J's, along with Justin's.
Lol.

"Hey Monkey." Comes the voice on the other side of the phone. "What's up?"

"Joe I'm absoulutley raging right now! Mel is such a back-stabbing bitch!"

"Woah Cate. She's your best friend!"

"Yeah that's what I thought to, until she hooked me and Jack up when I thought I was meeting her alone for dinner!"

"What? Why would she do that?"

"I don't know! That's why I'm so confused, I swear she's intent on breaking you and I up. For good."

"Don't mind her, love. She's just winding you up. You and Zoë have bonded greatly anyway. You always have her."

"Yeah." I sigh. "Mel just seems so... distant ever since you and I became a thing. I think she's jealous."

"Well why wouldn't she be?" Joe jokes. "Look at me, I'm smokin'!"

I can't help but let a laugh escape.

"See?" Joe says. "There's my cheeky Monkey again."

Joe and I talk on the phone for ages. Mostly stupid things, like how Joe saw a one-wheeled segway on the trip to Conor, Jack and Josh's house to film a video on his channel. Or that he was eating a Cheesestring yesterday amd it brought him back to when he was still at school.
But then we talked about serious things like how Joe missed me like crazy, and he wanted everyone to know how much he loved me.

He loves me.

"Cate." He had said on the phone. "You don't reliase how much I love you, and I want everyone to know it."

Love.
It's a strong word.
A tongue has no muscles but it's strong enough to make a difference in someone's life.

Hello! First of all, sorry for no update yesterday, I was out with my friends all night and as soon as I got in, I fell asleep.
That end bit though... deep.

JOE SAYS HE LOVES CATE!!!! SQEEEEEEEE.

I mean it when I say it, love is a strong word. It can be said with meaning or it can be as hollow as a hole in the ground.
Anyway, vote and share, the usual.
Thanks for you support,
cb_sugg xx