Chapter 41- The End

5 years later

"Noah! Will you just quiten down for a moment!" I yell at my four year old son, who is kicking my seat and screaming. "We're almost at the party now!"

I'm driving my son to his friend's birthday party, which we are currently running late for.

Plus I'm supposed to be a work meeting in thirty minutes.

Let me explain.

Basically, I own my own business that sells phone cases, I'm married and I have three kids.

Noah, who is four, and I have two identical twin girls called Kiera and Becci, who are two.

Life goes on.

After Joe and I broke up, I isolated myself from everyone, including Zoë.

She tried to keep in touch by texting and calling, but I blocked her out by changing my number.

Then I moved back to Ireland to live in Athlone, Westmeath.

Jack and I became friends again, and before you know it, I was pregnant with his child.

I got married with my bump showing underneath my ivory gown and am now happily running my family.

We pull up outside the house where the party is being hosted and I clamber out of our people carrier to unstrap Noah from his carseat.

"I don't want to go to Cillian's party!" He yells, putting up a strong fight as I grasp his hand firmly and march towards the front door to ring the bell.

"Well it's only polite that you come to his party, since he came to yours." I explain, try to keep calm.

"But I didn't want him to come." Noah says sourly.

"Noah!" I scold, just as Cillian's mum, Jennifer, appears at the door with a beaming smile.

"Hello Noah! Come on inside, everyone is on the bouncy castle in the garden." Jennifer says.

Noah faces lights up and he runs through the house, probably dragging mud all over the carpet with his shoes.

"Have fun, Noah!" I call after him, but he's taken off like a rocket.

"Would you like a cup of tea or coffee?" Jennifer offers, but I decline, explaining about my meeting.

I rush to the car and make my way into town for my tedious meeting.

After the meeting

I get home and pay the babysitter looking after Kiera and Becci.

Jack is in his office, editing videos or something.

I have Kiera in one arm, and Becci in the other, taking them to the living room and plonking them in front of the television, where Peppa Pig is on.

"I'm home!" I yell down the hallway to Jack. "I picked up some food on the way!"

Jack emerges from the office with a grin on his face.

"Are you pleased that I have food or are you just happy to see me?" I smile, as he kisses my forehead.

"A little bit of both, I think." Jack laughs.

We eat the food I got and then Jack offers to collect Noah.

"We can all go. I'll get the twins and you get the car ready."

I switch off the TV and scoop up the twins.

At Jennifer's house, Jack and I open the gate to the back garden where everyone is gathered.

My heart skips a beat as I see an all too familar face.

It can't be.

"Joe?" I whisper at a man sitting down on a fold up chair.

The man turns his head towards me and I realise I was wrong.

"You alright honey?" Jack asks, putting his arm around my waist comfortingly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I reply.

"Right everyone!" Jennifer yells above the screams and squeals of children. "We'll have one last dance before we all go home, shall we?"

As Jennifer searches for a song the children to dance to, she lets a certain song play for a little longer.

Lovin' can hurt.
Lovin' can hurt, sometimes.
But it's the only thing that makes us feel alive.

I shut my eyes and take myself back to that night in New York, when Joe and I were swaying in time with the music, apart of the crowd.

Sometimes you think a certain person is 'The One', although you could be completely wrong.

For me, he was right under my nose.

The end!
I can't believe this fanfic is over, and yes, we didn't end up with Joe in the end, but with Jack!
I don't how you guys will feel about that but I was dying to finish this fanfic and jump straight into my newest one,

I'n in love with a Vlogger- A Marcus Butler FanFiction

Leave your feedback in the comments and I hope you enjoyed being on this emotional rollercoaster with Joe and Cate.
Vote and Share as always,
A kiss and a hug,
cb_sugg xx