Chapter 9

I arrive outside Jack's house. He's supposed to be showing his VR headset. I'm so excited. I've been waiting the whole week for this, since Mel and I aren't speaking.
She never called round when I got back, she's not returning my calls. I don't know what's up.

Jack answers the door, with a camera in his hand. But Jack never vlogs.
"Hello!" Jack says, allowing me in.
He shuts off the camera and explains.
"I'm making this into a video, if that's okay? It's called 'Friend tries VR for First Time.' Catchy, isn't it?" Jack laughs, showing me into his office.
He's now explaining to his camera what's about to go down.

I'm positioned in Jack's office where he makes all his videos, headset on, controllers in hand.
"Alright, in your own time." Jack encourages, setting up all kinds of cameras at different angles.

"That was so fun!" I laugh, when we've finished, putting the headset on Jack's desk.
"Shall we get some pizza?" Jack asks, as it's almost dinner-time.
"Who says no to pizza!" I say, grabbing my jacket.

Cate has left Jack's now and is at home,watching YouTube.

I'm watching all Alfie's vlogs from New York and I have to admit, it looks so weird to see myself on screen with the one and only PointlessBlog. I really can't believe it.
The phone in my hands is vibrating in my hand saying that Joe wants to FaceTime. I immediatly swipe 'accept' and his face appears on the screen. But, for once, it's not an nice sight.
He's scowling as if something's bothering him.
"I saw your new Instagram post." He says sourly.
That evening, I had posted on Instagram a selfie of Jack and I with the caption: Hangin' out with this weirdo today! Had a blast! Thanks so much @jacksepticeye x
"And?" I reply. Why is everyone so pissed off with me these days.
"Oh nothing." Joe says. "It's just as soon as I'm out of the picture, you get someone else crawling back in to replace me."
"Joe! How dare you? You know I'd never do such a thing!"
"Well how would I know? I've only know you two weeks!"
I've had enough. I just hang up. I'm to tired for all this shit.
Actually, I wonder would Jack like to come for a drink with me? I don't give a fuck if Joe goes off on one again. He can't control who I hang out with.
I text Jack saying:

Cate: Hey Jack! I know it's short notice, and you've probably already had enough of me today, but fancy a drink down the town?

I immediatly get a reply. Surprisingly quick. Like he was waiting for a text from me or something.

Jack: Yeah, I'd love to! I'll come collect you at your flat? X

He sent an 'x'. I dont know how I feel about that. Am I sure about this? I mean, I only asked him to get back at Joe for being such a prick.

The club is lit when Jack and I arrive.
Music is blaring from the speakers, pounding the floor.
"Come on!" Jack says, taking my hand, guidin me to the dancefloor. "Let's dance!"

I somehow always manage to get drunk. Always. I can just see Jack now, dancing beside me.
"Jack!" I shout above the music. "Come over here for a minute."
I guide him over to a corner of the club that's not filled with people.
"I'm sorry Jack, but I have to do this." I slur, grabbing the neck of Jack's top and pressing his hot lips to mine.
What did I just do? I'm kissing Jack. But the worst thing is, he's kissig back. I don't like this. I have to stop. Right now.
I stumble out of the club, heels in my hand.
Out onto the road.
The busy road.
The road that has cars.
I turn my head to the sound of beepig and honking, shielding my eyes from the bright light that's coming ever closer.
"Cate!" I hear Jack shout. Screams from the clubbers.

Silence.

Haha! You weren't expecting this Chapter, were you? I wonder what will happen to Cate?