Chapter 31

I don't want to do anything when we all arrive home.

I don't know what to do, anyway.

Everyone's in a state, even Alfie cried a little.

We open the door and Nala comes racing over, her tongue lolling out of her mouth in an excited greeting.

She doesn't know what just happened, she's a dog for goodness sake.

I was conjuring up baby names the other day.

Noah, for a boy, and Alicia for a girl.

I hadn't told Joe any of my ideas.

It's too late for that now.

I was afraid he would tell me that we weren't keeping it, so it was pointless.

At least now, Joe and I won't have that argument.

Joe's been cradling me in his strong arms since the minute we got into the house.

Zoë wraps me in a warm hug, and the boys follow.

We're all just standing in the hallway, hugging tightly.

As it's only the morning, I can't just retire to bed. I'm gonna have to show a brave face.

"We need to tell everybody." I sniff into Zoë's shoulder.

"There's only Caspar to tell. He's the only other person who knows." Joe replies heavily.

I release from the embrace and reach for my phone from my back pocket.

Punching in Caspar's number, I put him on speakerphone and we all wait in anticipation for it to pick up.

"Hello?" I hear Caspar's strong South African accent come out of the speaker. "What's up?"

"Hi Casp." I say.

He notices the thickness in my voice, leading to tell him I'm crying.

"Cate? What's wrong?"

I hear muffled voices in the background, a door closing shut, then silence.

"Caspar, I was at the hospital, and we've just been told that I've had a miscarraige."

I'm crying again.

There's no stopping me.

Joe puts his arm around me and kisses my tear-stained cheek.

"Fucking hell Cate, no way. Are you guys at home? I'm coming over."

And with that, the line goes dead.

I sigh loudly and make my way into the kitchen, the guys following behind.

I just want to overcome this depressing time in my life.

One Month Later

"Monkey, look at this one! It even has a gym, so you'll be happy!" Joe chuckles, turning his iMac to show me this gorgeous 5-star hotel located in Barcelona, complete with outdoor pool, gym and cocktail bar.

Perfect for a week's getaway with your boyfriend.

After the miscarraige, Joe and I decided that we needed to relax and unwind, and to do just that, we're booking a holiday to some place sunny and hot.

"Yeah, I like that, but can you beat this one?" I challenge, revealing my chosen hotel in Ibiza, where exotic clubs can be found just around the corner, and lots of young couples, like ourselves, are partying without a care in the world.

"Ibiza?" Joe asks. "I didn't know you were into that kind of thing."

"No, not normally, but it would be a bit of fun, wouldn't it?" I reply, looking at the screen once again.

On second thoughts, maybe not.

I'd rather not experience twenty-something year olds getting arrested for taking drugs or something.

"Well." I begin. "Maybe Barcelona sounds calmer and relaxing."

Joe just laughs and hovers the mouse over 'Book Hotel'.

"Shall I do it?" He asks.

"Go for it." I reply.

It's booked.

We leave in ten days.

"Ooh, do you know what would make this holiday the greatest?" I say, closing my laptop and looking at Joe in excitement.

"What would?" He asks, sratching his chin in exgerrated puzzlement.

"If Zoë and Alfie came!"

"That's actually a pretty good idea, I didn't know you were capable of such good thinking!" Joe teases sarcastically.

I shove him playfully in the chest, which resorts to both of us having a tickle fight on the bed.

I lie my head on the pillow, still laughing slightly.

"We'd better call Zoë and Alfie, to ask them if they want to come." I say to Joe, turning my body to face him.

"Yeah, here." Joe says, giving me his iPhone. "You can call them from my phone. Zoë's number is in there somewhere."

I scroll through his contacts, and I'm noticing all kinds of famous people in there.

Ariana Grande, Nick Jonas and even Gordon Ramsey.

"Why do you have Gordon Ramsey in your contacts?" I laugh, showing Joe his phone. "That's so random amd weird!"

"Never you mind, just find my sister's number!" Joe laughs with me.

I press on a picture of Zoë's face and the phone begins to ring.

"Hello, Broseph!" comes the voice on the other side.

"Hi Zoë, it's Cate, actually. Joe and I have booked a holiday to Barcelona, and were wondering if you and Alfie would like to come? We leave in ten days, I know it's short notice, but we'll all have really good fun together!" I ramble into the phone, Joe sitting patiently for the details beside me, twidling his thumbs.

"I'm glad you and Joe are getting out of the house at last, you know, after all you guys have been through. I'll have to check with our manager to see if we're both free. Can I get back to you in about an hour?" Zoë says.

I agree and hang up.

"Well?" Joe says, taking his phone and putting it in his pocket.

"Zoë says she needs to check with her and Alfie's manager to see if they're free those days, then she'll get back to us in an hour." I inform him.

"Okay. Until then?" Joe asks, a playful smirk spreading across his lips.

"We could just have a nice, old cuddle?" I suggest, giggling slightly.

"Sounds great!" Joe says.

Allo allo!
I hope you enjoyed Chapter 31 of Daily Vlogging!
I made Joe and Cate book a holiday away because, I was looking over chapters of this story, and it is quite depressing.
So I've added some feel-good chapters for the future for you, so you can all imagine walking hand-in-hand along a sandy white beach with Joe.
I won't give too much away!😉
Anyway, I'm currently sitting by the poolside actually in Barcelona and everywhere I look, I'm thinking of new ideas to write about!
Vote and Share if you like!
A kiss and a hug,
cb_sugg xx

P.S. WE GOT OVER 800 READS!!! This chapter was pre-wrote while I was on holidays so I only saw this now, but thanks so much guys!!

I was also having a look at the statistics, and I noticed that people in france are reading this, which I can't get my head around! It's so surreal!

Hello Frenchies! xx