Chapter 14

It's 2:00 now. "We better get you ready then!" Zoe says, clearing away the plates from our massive breakfast we ate earlier. "Can I do your make-up?"
"Is that a question or an order?" I laugh. Zoe's been dying to do my make-up ever since I arrived in Brighton, but I've been keeping my face naked this entire time. Now, it's time to go all out.

"What does a cat flick look like on you, I wonder?" Zoe asks. we're up on the very top floor, where all her make-up is kept. And might I say, it's quite a collection.
"We'll have to find out!" I laugh.
I'm not surprised when Zoe perfects the little black flick with her liquid liner in one go. Typical.

It's taken a whole hour to do my make-up, now onto my outfit. What I picked out is so Coachella.
I can now reveal to you, my outfit for this date.
Can you even call it that, a date?

The dress I chose is a burgundy figure-hugging, Aztec print from New Look. That was a mouthful.

I hope it's enough. I'm wearing my brown suede jacket and matching suede Bohemian-chic heels.

Four o' clock rolls on round and the doorbell rings throughout the house.

I jump at the sound and Nala runs along with Alfie to answer it. We all know who it is.

"Hello mate!" Alfie says cheerily, allowing Joe to walk into the living room, where me and Zoe are sitting, I'm staring into space while Zoe has her arm around me.
"You look nice, Cate." Joe says blankly.
"Thanks." I reply icily. "So do you." You could cut the tension with a knife. We need to leave.
"Ready?" He asks. Joe's wearing a black leather jacket, black skinny jeans, white top and his regular white Converse.
"Mm." I reply.

We're sitting in the car, the radio is blaring some song I've never heard of before. I've had enough of this shit.

I turn down the radio and turn to Joe.

"Are we going to be icy with each other all evening, or can we actually have a proper conversation? We need to sort this out Joe!"

"Yeah. But what I'd to like know is why you went off kissing fucking JackSepticEye of all people when I wasn't around! You don't realise how much it hurt in here, Cate." Joe says, touching his heart.

"I was drunk, Joe! You aren't exactly bloody Goody-Two-Shoes when you have a few drinks inside you! And anyway, you were being a dick that afternoon, so I thought I'd get back at you by going to the club with Jack to make you jealous. Like I said, that kiss wasn't planned."
Joe's not listening. "Did he kiss back?"

"Joe! Did you hear me?"

"Did he kiss back?" Joe repeats, more louder and angrier this time.

"Please Joe, don't."

"Answer the question."

"Yes. Yes Joe, he kissed me back! Does that make you feel any better?" I'm shouting now, screaming into face. That's probably dangerous since he's driving a car.

He's gone pale. Like all the blood has drained out of his body.

"Joe," My voice is softer now, seeing his expression change so rapidly. "I said I was sorry."

"It's not your fault. Jack's gonna get what's coming for him." Joe says, clenching his teeth together in an aggressive manner.

"Joe, your scaring me. Please, don't hurt Jack. He did nothing wrong."

Nothing more is said because we've arrived at our destination. A little cottage is in view, with various breeds of horses munching on the grass in the lush fields.
"You told me you did horse-riding when you were younger, so I thought we'd go for a ride." Joe says.

I see a tall woman that looks the same age as me and Joe, wearing jodhpurs, an old t-shirt, riding boots and is carrying a head-collar in her arms walk over to us.

"Hi, I'm Shauna!" says the woman, a welcoming smile on her face. "You must be Joe and Cate?"
"Yep, that's us." Joe says, stretching out his hand to introduce us.
"Great! I was just heading to the stables, if you want to come and pick out a pony?"

We're walking up a mucky lane, fields of horses on either side of the ditches, all grazing lazily.

"I think you'll like Jigsaw." She says to me when we get there, opening up the stable door to reveal a beautiful Palomino pony.

"Oh she's gorgeous!" I gasp. "Can I ride her?"
"Well that's what your here for isn't it? Although, I take it Joe brought you here as a surprise, because you're certainly not dressed the part!" Shauna laughs. "Come with me and let's get you kitted out!"

I'm dressed in cream jodhpurs, a riding helmet, boots, a t-shirt that's way too big for me and a back protector. Time to go.

"Be careful." Shauna warns. "It's really slippery around here, especially mounting."
Shauna's leading us out on a hack through the woods on a beautiful Dun pony called Dusty.

Just as I'm about to mount Jigsaw, I lose footing and of course fall over. But Joe's quicker.
He catches me in his arms just as my face was about to plummet into horse shit.
"Whoops." He says softly, and I actually forget about our little argument on the way here. We're gazing into each other's eyes and I swear he's about to kiss me.

"Come on you two lovebirds! The sun'll be setting if we don't get going!" Shauna says, laughing.
Joe helps me up onto Jigsaw and he mounts his own horse called Star.
We set off for the forest and we follow behind Shauna.

Mucked up to the eyeballs, we arrive back at the stables after our ride.
We pay Shauna for her time and I go and get changed back into my dress.
After that ride, Joe and I are carrying on like normal again.
I'm about to hop into the passenger seat of his Audi when he grabs my waist and pulls me into him.
"Oh God Cate." Joe starts. "I've-missed-you-so-much." Pausing on each word to kiss my pink lips.
"I know." I laugh. "I saw your tweet."
Joe's gone red. Now it's my turn to kiss him.
"I have a question for you." I say.
"Oh yeah, what's that?"
"What would you say if I asked you out?" I ask, cocking my head to one side and smiling at him.
"I'd say no."
My smile has faded. Obviously Joe doesn't want me back after all.
"I'd say no because your not supposed to ask me out, that's my job."
Phew.
"So, Cate Barron." Joe releases from our embrace and gets down onto his knee.
For a minute I thought he was going to propose.
"Will you do me the honour of being my Monkey?"
"I was always your Monkey. Now get up you fool!" I say, grabbing the cuff of his jacket and pulling him up to my level once again.
"Fiesty." Joe laughs, then kisses me so passionately that I'm shocked. Of course I kiss back.
I guess I'm Joe's Monkey again.
For now and always.

Chapter 14 complete! So Joe and Cate got back together in the end, tell me if your happy with that or not... anddddddd,
WE GOT 300 READS! Guys, I can't thank you enough for all your support. This means so much to me and I can't even! Hope you like his Chapter! Vote and Share(if you want I'm not forcing you😉)
Love you all,
cb_sugg xx