Chapter 7

I wake up the next morning cuddled close to Joe. Nothing happened last night, did it?
"Morning." Joe says, his scratchy morning voice cleary heard, even beneath the sheets.
"Hey." I respond, stretching and turning to face him. "Nothing, escalated last night, did it?"
"Haha." Joe chuckles. "If it did, I'm sure I'd remember it!"

We're up and awake now, Joe has ordered breakfast to come up to the room. I make sure I'm ready and dressed to receive it. Its really rainy, which is a disappointment. So I've decided on my red & white striped long-sleeve top and navy jeans, with my red Nike Rochès on my feet. Comfortable and convenient for a shopping trip. A shopping trip alone.
Yeah, Joe and the gang are all going to a YouTube event today, so I'm left to do some sightseeing and shopping.
But I don't mind.
Retail Therapy always helps.

"I'll see you later on tonight then." Joe tells me, hugging me tightly. "Are you sure you'll be okay here by yourself? I'm so so so sorry I can't go with you."
"No no, honestly, I'm fine." I say, breathing in his scent. He smells like a warm summer day. Something you don't get in Dublin. Or Ireland, for that matter.

I forgot that after this holiday, Joe and I will have to resort to FaceTime as our means of communication, and that saddens me.
So I won't think about it.

Joe's gone now. Him and Louise went to go get Alfie in his hotel room.

Did I mention that Joe's vlogging today?
When he started his vlog, I had to hide away in the bathroom.
Joe kept on apologising, saying that it's too early still to reveal anything.
Too early for what? To reveal we're a couple?

Are we even official yet? I mean, Joe hasn't asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend.

Yet.

I grab my bag and the spare key card Joe gave me, then set off.
I don't know where to start. Should I just start walking and see where I end up?

I've ended up in this shoe shop that's selling a pair of shoes made by Eminem, the rapper. Apparently, there $30,000. That's insane.
I leave that shop since I clearly don't have the money for anything in there.

I see a Victoria's Secret shop up ahead. I might pick up something in there.
I'm in need of some new knickers. I think in my head.
On second thoughts, Cate, who are you trying to impress?
Joe, you idiot. I tell myself, walking into the shop, head held high confidently.

I didn't buy anything. I realised that you shouldn't shop in America. It's way too expensive.
It's getting pretty late and I can feel the hunger creeping up on me.
But Joe said he'd be back to take me to dinner in some Italian restaurant he spotted yesterday.
What's better, a greasy chicken bucket from KFC, or a romantic Italian meal slurping spaghetti with a gorgeous YouTuber.
Yeah, I agree, then KFC it is.
Just kidding.

I go back to the hotel, deciding to wait for Joe.
It's empty apart from the odd average person. Joe told me that this whole hotel was booked out. All the rooms full of YouTubers.

The YouTube #CreatorsSummit is taking place in this massive room near the lobby, and Sia is supposed to be preforming. Along with her little mascot dancer girl, Maddie Ziegler.
I think that's so cute.

"OH MY GOD!" I hear a scream come from outside the hotel and a cluster of crazy girls come running into the lobby.
"Your that girl!" One of them screams. "The one from Alfie's vlog!"
I just stand there, moving my mouth up and down like a goldfish.

"Excuse me!" Says a new voice.
"Who gave you permission to come in here?" It's a security guard.
He's dressed all in black with sunglasses on, even though we're inside. Bit stupid, really.

The girls all run out, screaming and squealing like your typical fangirl.
The security guard comes over to me.
"Miss, are you alright? I know your probably used to all these fans crowding around you!" He chuckles in his thick American accent.
He walks away without me telling him that they're not actually my fans. I'm not even a YouTuber.

#CreatorsSummit is over and Joe has gone to the hotel room to find Cate there, FaceTiming Mel.

"Honey! I'm home!" Joe jokes, closing the door behind him and jumping on the bed where I'm sitting, telling Mel all about New York on FaceTime.
Mel has gone all quite and her face is red.
"I'll leave you guys to it." She says blankly, about to hang up.
"No! Wait!" I say, picking up a bad vibe from Mel, even though she's on the other side of the world.
"Cate, we've been talking for an hour and a half!" Mel laughs icily. "Bye."
And with that, Mel's face disappears from the screen and I'm left staring at Joe's face on my phone. Not that I'm complaining. What's up with Cranky-Pants?

"You ready for dinner?" Joe asks, getting up and coming over to my side of the bed.
"No! I haven't even got any make-up on!" I laugh at how silly he's being.
"You look perfect to me." Joe compliments, going red.
I blush too and we're not saying anything.

At the restaurant.

So I've arrived at the restaurant with yucky hair due to no shower this morning, wearing my clothes that I had on all day today and a naked face. I'll be surprised if the receptionist lets me set foot in here.

I'm in. At least that's a start.
A waitress guides us both to a table, eyeing Joe up and down, smiling fakely and laughing like a bimbo.
I mean, if you want to act like a friggin' Barbie at least have blonde hair. Red hair does not compliment your personality, girlfriend.

As soon as she's out of earshot, I start bitching about her to Joe.
"Oh my God! Did you see that waitress! She was all over you like a hot rash!"
Joe just laughs. "I think someone's a tad jealous."
"Hey! No I am not!" I can't help but laugh too, though. I suppose I am. Just a weeny bit.

Our waitress, (I'm calling her Gingerbread.) comes over just as Joe takes my hands in his. Ha.
"Are you gonna order or what?" She says sourly, chewing gum really loud. That's annoying.

Yo! I just left it there because I have other things to do but we'll carry on from where we left off in Chapter 8 tomorrow.
Remember, vote, share with friends and follow me!
Gooooooood-NIGHT!😂
cb_sugg xx