Chapter 35

"Alfie, what the bloody hell is that?" Is the first thing I say when we reach the poolside.

Here is Alfie Deyes, sitting in a giant inflatable doughnut, casually floating along the water's surface as if it's the most normal thing in the world.

"It's my big doughnut!" Alfie laughs, and I can't help but snigger at that innuendo. "We have a pretzel one somewhere too!"

The boys are messing about in the pool, like two thirteen year olds, while Zoë and I are relaxing on the sun loungers, chatting about all kinds of stuff.

But obviously, a topic that has been left untouched is brought up.

"How are you holding up Cate? Honestly, I want to know." Zoë says, squeezing my hand supportively.

The last few months it's like a grey cloud has been following me around wherever I go, what with Jack, Mel, in and out of hospital, and the baby.

"You want honest?" I ask. "Okay, here goes. I feel like shit most days, Joe is always working, if it's editing, filming, or planning out his new book. I feel alone, Zoë. I've lost everyone in my life and nothing is going right. I feel like Joe doesn't want me anymore, you know? He always has some excuse like; 'oh I can't go out for dinner tonight I have to edit,' or 'I'll come to bed in ten minutes,' when really I have to fall asleep with no-one next to me because he doesn't even go to bed most nights. There's always dark circles under his eyes, he's too tired to do anything, even a simple walk to the shop, I'm worried about him, Zo. Well, was that honest enough for you?"

Silent tears are now rolling down my cheeks, and even Zoë seems to have watery eyes.

"How about I have a little chat with Joe, eh? A little Sugg-on-Sugg! I can take him now if you want, you'll be okay with Alfie, won't you?" Zoë offers, getting up from the lounger and hugging me tightly.

Joe and Alfie get out of the pool and notice my tear-stained cheeks.

"What's wrong, Monkey?" Joe asks, a worried expression on his face.

"Joe, why don't you and I go for a walk somewhere?" Zoë says firmly, not letting me answer Joe's question.

"Cate! You're scaring me, please!" Joe pleads, gripping my hands in his tightly.

"Just go with Zoë, Joe. I'm okay with Alfie." Is all I say, looking him in the eye.

Joe says nothing as Zoë takes him firmly by the shoulder and leads out of the hotel.

"I would give you a hug, but I'm all wet!" Alfie says, chuckling slightly.

I like how Alfie doesn't ask me what's wrong.

He just comforts.

He doesn't ask questions, he just solves them.

Alfie tries to make me feel happy again, by talking about a collab with Zoë, Joe and I on his channel.

"I think you should start your own YouTube channel Cate." Alfie suggests, the second person today to do so.

"Yeah, Joe and I were chatting about it on the plane over here, I don't know if it's really for me. I'd like to start my own buisness though, in the future. We'll see." I ramble, covering my shoulders with a towel as the evening breeze begins to blow gently.

"What's taking those two so long?" Alfie says, switching topic. "They must be having a right old catch-up!"

And as if on cue, the two Suggs come walking our way.

Zoë wraps me in one of her infamous hugs, and whispers in my ear;
"I think I've sorted him out."

"Guys, I hope you don't mind, but I am going to steal my gorgeous girlfriend away from you guys." Joe says, as he offers his elbow for me to link with.

Our walk isn't long, only across the road, to the beach.

It's hard to see anything as we sit down, because it has quickly got dark.

"I never knew you felt this way, Cate." Joe begins, taking my hand delicately in his. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You were just so busy with work and everything, I didn't want to be another thing to attend to on your never-ending to-do list." I answer truthfully.

Joe had been telling me before we booked the holidays how Username: Regenerated was coming along, and all the editing for future videos he had to do.

Life is not so perfect behind the camera as you think.

I felt sorry for him, with all the work he had to do, and there was me, sitting around doing nothing.

Joe looks at me like he's about to cry.

"Monkey, how could you think such a thing? I love you so so much, and always will. Even if I'm busy, I'll make time for you. I just feel so guily. I can't tell you enough how sorry I am." Joe's clutching my hands in his and looking into my eyes solemely.

Tears prick my eyes and I wipe them away rapidly.

"Come here." He says, hugging me close to him.

I fall into his shoulder with a loud sigh and hug back.

"I love you." Joe says.

"I love you more."

Joe just grins then kisses me gently on the lips.

"Shall we go back to Zoë and Alfie?" Joe asks.

"Yeah, it's getting quite chilly." I reply.

"I'd give you my jacket, but I don't have one with me!" Joe chuckles, putting his arm around my shoulder.

We get back to the hotel, and the pool is closed, so Zoë and Alfie must have retreated back to their room to get ready for dinner.

Joe and I do the same, and I'm wearing a cream cocktail dress with red heels.

I've done my make-up too, 1950's style, with heavy out-lined eyes and scarlet lips, to match my shoes.

I come out from the bathroom, where Joe is standing in navy jeans and a white t-shirt.

He's fixing his hair in the mirror, and when he locks eyes on me, he stands and gapes his mouth open.

"W-w-woah." He stutters, frozen to the spot.

"Oh come on, you fool! Zoë and Alfie will be wondering where we are!" I laugh, and we leave to go and find Zoë and Alfie's room.

WE HAVE 1K!!!!
THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SOOO MUCH I CAN'T BELIEVE THE SUPPORT IT'S SO SURREAL!
Oh, allo allo, I didn't see you there.
Thank you guys again for taking time out of your day(I mean, you probably do nothing only watch YouTube anyway😂)
Stay tuned for Chapter 36 and I'll see you guys soon😉
A kiss and a hug,
cb_sugg xx

P.S. Hola gente de España, te veo! xx