Chapter 5 ~ Back To Normal?

**Harry's POV**

~One week later~

It was now a week ago Louis visited the bakery. Everything was pretty much back to normal. I seriously had no idea where my sudden confidence had come from that day. He'd just made me so angry. I wasn't perfect. I mean, I made mistakes as everybody else did, and my life certainly wasn't perfect either. My family was barely home when I was, and most of the time I was all by myself. Sure, I wasn't that guy who liked being in trouble and fuck things up - like Louis - but that didn't automatically mean I was 'perfect'.

Currently, I was sitting at my desk in English class with Niall beside me. I felt someone staring at me from behind, and I tried my best to ignore it because I knew it was Louis. He had been staring at me every time he caught sight of me ever since that day at the bakery. I mean, fine, I had been acting weird that day, but there was no reason to stare at me like that, right?

I felt someone pinch my arm, and when I turned to my right, I found Niall looking at me. "Why is Louis staring holes in your head?" he whispered so no one could hear but me.

I glanced at Louis to see that he had a frown on his face while staring intently at me. I gulped and turned back to Niall. "I... I have no idea what you're talking about," I replied, playing dumb. You would have been blind not to notice the way he was looking at me.

Niall shook his head while laughing. "Yeah, sure."

He turned back to focusing on his schoolwork after speaking those words. He obviously knew that something was off, but I didn't feel like this was the best time to tell him what had happened a week ago.

I sighed heavily, leaning into his ear again. "I'll tell you after this class, alright?"

Niall nodded his head. "You'd better," he winked.

I rolled my eyes before picking up my pencil to continue working myself.

-----

Riiiing!

I got up from my seat and gathered my books before exiting the classroom with Niall by my side. It wasn't until we were standing at my locker when he first started talking.

"Alright, tell me," he demanded, looking at me eagerly.

Okay, hold on. What did he think happened? Because to me, it seemed like he thought it was something huge and exciting.

"Well," I started hesitantly, looking around me to make sure that nobody was listening. "On Monday last week when I was at work, Louis visited the bakery."

Niall's eyes widened in surprise. "Louis was at the bakery? What? Why?" He wondered.

I shrugged my shoulders. "He told me his sisters wanted to go there. However, he wouldn't stop getting on my nerves, so I got angry and stood up for myself against him."

"You what?!" He gasped.

I looked at my surroundings, noticing that a few people were looking at us. "Shh, Niall!" I hushed him.

I actually didn't know why I was so scared that people could hear about what had happened last week at work, but maybe it was because I was embarrassed by my actions? I mean, I knew I hadn't been exactly nice to Louis, but then again, he hadn't been nice to me either...

"You defended yourself against him? But, how did you manage to do that? I mean, you've never done it before," he asked, now talking in a more hushed tone.

"Well, I don't know. I guess it was out of anger or something," I said, grimacing a little.

Niall sighed and looked at something behind my back. "He's still staring at you, you know?"