Chapter 49: Waiting

I walked through town with Madoka, happy to have someone to hang out with while Gaara was at work. She loved telling me all about some of the most hallarious things I have ever heard in my life. And alot of it was about Hyan! I'm not alowed to make fun of him anymore because of Silvia. But no one ever said anything about his sister.

"So, did you send out all the invitations?" She asked.

"Yep. Got everything set up. It's going to be April 9th, in Konoha, and outside."

"How long did it take you to convinse him to have it in Konoha?"

"I mentioned it once." She gave me a look that in the most simple wording possible said 'Daaaaaamn'

"He's very understanding about your wishes isn't he?"

"Yes. Though a lot of the stuff I tell him he pretty much saw coming. Outside and in Konoha was most likly a right away know when he propossed." I took a drink from my water bottle.

"Honey, i've known you for four months and even I could see that coming."

"Shut up man. You make me sound so predictable."

"Thats cause you are."

"Am not."

"Are so. Let me just see if I can figure this all out. The wedding will be in Konoha, your best friend in the world being your maid of honor, wearing a light blue dress that actually looks good because you don't want your wedding to be one of those you see on TV. The cake will be small, but big enough so that everyone can have two peices because you hate taking home leftovers."

"God damn it." Madoka laughed and patted my back.

"Come on, it's a good thing that people get to know you so well so fast. It means you don't have to worry about them doing shit you don't like." So true. She walked with me until we got to my place. I invited her in to watch a movie with me, mainly because Temari and Kankuro moved out two months ago and I'm just not ready to have her leave yet.

We watched The Pacifire and laughed like there was no tomorrow. Funny movie. Gaara walked in the door just as the movie was ending.

"Hey girls."

"Hi Gaara." Madoka said.

I got up and gave him a welcome home kiss. Madoka left five minutes later, saying that her parents would have a coniption fit if she was even a minute past cerfew. Nice girl. She's so cool.

"How was work?"

"Boaring. But I kept in mind that when work was over I got to come home to you." He placed his hands on my waist and kissed me lightly. He kissed me again but this time deeper and slower. I put my arms around his neck feeling overly short. Gaara picked me up and set me down on the couch, all without removing his lips from mine. Now I don't feel so short! The deepened even more and I found myself laying under Gaara. His tounge licked my lips. And now mine is fighting his. Place your bets! Who will win the battle of the tounges? ... Saddly Gaara did. But he cheated! He slid his hand up my shirt and started playing with my bra straps.

Wait. Where is he leading this? Gaara kissed my cheek, down to my chin, and then to my neck. It felt so great. But I can't let him fog my brain. What? My families old fashioned. He continued to kiss and play with my straps. I have to stop this.

"Gaara. Gaara, wait." He stopped kissing my neck and looked into my eyes. "We have to wait until April."

"Why? We're engaged to be married. We love eachother with our hearts and souls. Why should we wait until after the wedding?"

"Because, it's a tradition in my family. The bride is a virgen on her wedding day and exactly on hour after the wedding. After that she's free to be as un-inocent as she wants. And also because I already I have my dress picked out and it's white."

Gaara just gave me that happy look of his that says 'you are so weird, thats why i love you'. He hugged me and pecked my lips. "Alright. We wait."

"Thank you Gaara." We snuggled up together, eating a frozen pizza for dinner and watching a scary movie. I love the fact that he's so understanding. It really makes me feel like he respects me and knows damn good and well I know how to beat his ass if he trys anything. Plus I have Sasuke on speed dial. But I don't think im gonna have to use that step any time soon.

Gaara's a real sweetheart, who loves me more than anything, who only wants to protect me, and who understands what I say to him. I'm lucky. So lucky and happy. And when April comes around, I think everything wil finally be perfect. Parents who love me, friends who stand by me no matter what, and a husband who knows how to make me my favorite food.