Chapter 30: Guilt

"How many times do I have to tell you to fuck off before you actually do it?!" I yelled.

"When you start listening to me and obaying I might consider it!" Dad yelled back.

"Oh please. Half the stuff you tell me to do is so fucked up I don't think theres anybody in the world that wouldn't tell you to hump a tree and go away. I'm in controle of my own life. And I got rid of TWO, count them, TWO problems by getting them together. Now Silvia doesn't hate me and I don't have to listen to you talk about how I'm going to marry Hyan when i'm sixteen. Win win, everybodies happy. Sit on it."

Dad's face was red and his breathing was harsh. In away it was funny.

"Stephanie Alcot Norusuki-"

"Gyno."

"STOP INSISTING APON THAT NAME!!! YOU ARE NOT THAT MANS CHILD!! YOU ARE MY CHILD AND SO SHALL YOU BE NAMED AND TREATED!!! AND AS MY CHILD I SAY WHO YOU WILL MARRY AND WHO YOU ARE ALOWED TO SEE AND TALK TO!!! NOW YOU WILL NOT GO BACK TO DEBBIES!! YOU WILL STAY RIGHT HERE WHERE I CAN KEEP AN EYE ON YOU AND COMAND YOU AS NEEDED!!!"

I picked a stick of gum out of my pocket and shoved it in his mouth. "Chew that. You need it." I walked around him and started down the hall to my room. "Now if you don't mind, i'm going to go pack and start heading back to Mom's. I'm sure Tohoru has an interesting mission story to tell me when I get there." I started stuffing things into my bag, not bother ing to fold it. Dad was standing in the doorway watching me.

"Your not leaving this house. I won't let you go back to live with that witch just so that she can corupt your mind even more." I expertly threw a kunai and pinned him to the door frame. He pulled and his pretty little ukata tore.

"Hey."

"Oh i'm sorry. Did my kunai tear your ukata? I'm sorry, I get a little testy when people insult my Mother and my kunai just seem to have a mind of their own then." I sadi with harsh sarcasm.

He was looking at me with wide eyes. I zipped up my bag and patted Dad cheek befroe walking out into the hall and out the door. Much better. The only thing that could make this better was if I could burn this freaking walking cast.

Naruto and Gaara were standing at the entrance to the park I usually take as a shortcut to Mom's talking.

"Yo guys. Sup?" I called.

Naruto turnned and ran at me full force for a hug. I hit the ground and felt Naruto fly over me. It was funny because when I looked up again, Naruto was laying on the ground, his butt in the air.

"You might wanna get up before I kick ur butt man." I said.

He got up like I told him I was going to set his balls on fire. "Oh yeah, I heard from Gaara you went to talk to a therapist. How did that go?"

"She thinks that theres something from my past that's holding me back from my desired future."

The moment I said that all the blood drained out of Naruto's face. I nodded at him. 'Ein?' He mouthed. I nodded again. Gaara was just watching this little telepathic exchange. Naruto left saying something about going to meet up with Hinata for raman.

I let Gaara walk me the rest of the way home before saying goodnight with a kiss. Mom and Tohoru greated me with smiles but deffinatly knew better than to ask me if I had fun.

So up in my room, I stared at my closet door. You can do it Steffie. Just go in and get it and bring it out here. Do it man, do it! I walked in the closet and pulled out an old wooden musicbox from under a pile of clothes. I set it on my bed and spent the longest time just looking at it. I knew exactly what was in it. But I also knew I didn't want to see it. But I also knew that if I didn't do it now, I never would. I slowly undid the clasp on the musicbox and lifted the lid. The sweet and beautiful tune floated out and around me like an embrace.

Her doll. Five pictures. But more pain and guilt than anything. The doll had short brown hair that she liked to keep in pig tails. It was an old terrycloth thing full of sand and covered with the cutest clothes. There was one picture she had taped to the lid of the box before she died.

"Ein." I whispered saddly.

She's only because I was to stupid to tell her where I was going. I know I didn't kill her, but I played a part in what did. I can feel guilty. It's perfectly natural to feel guilty. It natural.