Chapter 47: Steffies birthday

The sun poured in my room waking me up from my dreamless sleep. Todays June 17th. And as of 1:03 P.M. today I will be sixteen and a legal adult. Now if I can get downstairs and out the door without Mom seeing me And trying to force me to eat her birthday pancakes, I'll be good. I Got up, dressed in a dark green nin dress, matching thigh high socks, and my good running sandles before brushing my hair and tieing my headband on. Slowly I opened my door, so that it wouldn't creak, only to find my Mom, standing there with a plate of fresh chocolate chip pancakes. Damn it all.

"Morning Mom!"

"Morning sweetie! Happy birthday! I made pancakes."

"I can see that." She followed me down the stairs and into the kitchen. Great. My sixteenth birthday and my Moms about to make me gain sixteen pounds. I stopped her at three and said I had to go find my friends.

Finally i'm out! And theres Neji! He's not missing my birthday this year. I glomped him to the ground! "Sup destiny boy? You have something to say to me?"

"Yeah get off." I got off and helpped him up.

"Alright, happy birthday. Go find Naruto. He was looking for you." I hugged him and ran off to find my knucklehead of a bestfriend. It wasn't exactly that hard. He was sitting in the ramen bar, slirping down a fast bowl, Hinata next to him.

"Yo, sup?" I asked taking a seat next to them.

"STEFFIE!" Naruto yelled around a mouth full of raman." He swallowed and attempted to noggie me. Fail on his part cause I got to him first.

"Happy birthday Steffie-chan." Hinata said.

"Thank you Hinata." I let goof Naruto and suffered the pain of a numbing hug. Gotta love this kid.

"Hey I have a really awsome special gift for you! but it's not done saddly. If you can just hang out with Hinata-chan for awhile I'll text her when it's ready and she can take you to where I have it hidden."

"Sounds like a plan little man."

"Who you callin little Miss five foot four?"

"Damn you to hell." With that Hinata pulled me away afraid I would hurt him for bringing my shortness into this.

Really It felt pretty nice. I havn't had a day with Hinata in forever and a half. She took me to all of my favorite places. The park, the ice-cream store, and last but deffinatly not least, the soccer feild. But as we walked around I noticed two things. One, none of our friends were out and two, something was making me sneeze like a MoFo.

"Hey, Hinata. Where is everyone?" I asked.

"I-i don't really know." She lying. Her stutter only shows up when she's lying now. But I'll leave that one. She never lies.

Something moved in the bushes. Something big. I moved over to it, determined to see what or who was in there.

"Steffie. Naruto just texted me. We have to get going."

I looked from her to the bush again. "Comeing." I said. She lead me to the old training grounds, past teams eight and nine. She told me to close my eyes for something and she pushed me along. When I opened my eyes, all of my friends were standing together in a nicely decorated training ground ten.

"Surprise!" The yelled with big smiles.

"Oh my God! You guys are the best! This is awsome." Naruto held out a birthday cake with sixteen lit candles. "Make a wish Steffie!" I looked from face to face, all of my friends. I was about to make my wish that Gaara could be here when I saw him sneak in with Temari and Kankuro.

"Hold the wish thing." I ran up and kissed Gaara with all my love and power. "You made it! This is so great. Come on. I'm about ready to blow out the candles." I dragged him with me over to where Naruto stood with the cake. I closed my eyes, made a wish, and blew out all the candles in one big breath. Everyone cheered and attacked the cake. It was funny to watch them. Choji esspecially. The boy loves BBQ, but his second favorite happens to be cake.

I sat and talked with Gaara.

"For a second there, I didn't think you were gonna make it."

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this for the world." He rested his fourhead on mine and lightly kissed my nose.

"This birthday is perfect. The only thing that could possibly make it better is if my wish came true."

"What did you wish for?"

"I wished that-"

"Surprise." Someone said from the opening of the grounds. I looked up knowing that voice, having missed it for three long years.

"SASUKE!" I screamed in pure joy. I lept up and ran into his open arms. He spun me around afew times before putting me down.

"Happy birthday Stephanie."

"Sasuke your home. This is so amazing. But, does that mean that you..."

"Yep. Let me tell you, I don't feel that much better."

"I knew you wouldn't." I turnned around. "Guys it's Sasuke! He's home!" Naruto came running. As did Sakura and Ino. And also just about everybody but Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara. They were all hugging him and looked so happy to have him home. It took a good while before everyone started calming down. TenTen handed him a peice of cake.

"So Steffie. What's with the fancy ring you getting married?" He was joking, but I had to kill his joke.

"Actually I am." He almost choaked on his cake. "I'm getting married next April."

"Who are you marrying?"

Gaara came up bbehind me and rested a hand on my shoulder. It was quiet between us. Sasuke looked up at Gaara, Gaara starred down at Sasuke. But none of it was really hostial. It felt, calm. So I didn't worry when Gaara held out his hand.

"Truce?" He asked.

Sasuke took his hand and shook. "Truce."

I felt so happy now that I wouldn't have to worry about my fiance and my friend killign eachother.

"Um, so what did you wish for?"

"Never mind." Gaara gave me look then relized what I was talking about. He shrugged his shoulders and wne t to go get another peice of cake. He learned that one fast.